At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Technical Project Managers are the glue that keeps software development projects together from conception to implementation. We ensure the right people across the organization are coming together to collaborate and deliver on functionality that moves the business forward. We are supreme communicators and champions of awesome.
We are socially aware, managing both positive and negative situations to create an environment where everyone is executing at the highest level. We understand the problem to be solved, help motivate team members, and strive to inspire greatness; all the while keeping the team on track toward delivery.
At OnDeck we are continuing to build a strong Project Management team capable of supporting projects across the entire business. To do this, we want to build a cohesive group of Program and Project Managers that fosters support and growth. We want Project Managers to work in a collaborative environment with their peers; supporting each other, sharing ideas, and providing additional coverage when needed. This approach will keep the team working in a similar manner, bringing continuity to project management. It will also allow the group to scale and foster new teammates. This is a team built on comradery and support. Together we are building a foundation of solid project management principles that will support the organization’s path forward.
As a Technical Project Manager at OnDeck, you will:
- Manage multiple software development project teams through delivery
- Understand scope and why the feature is being built. This will aid in knowing if a project is progressing in the right direction or if it needs to be reevaluated.
- Identify stakeholders - who needs to be involved, who needs to aware. Typically, the people who derail projects are the last to know.
- Ensure projects are kicked off with appropriate stakeholders
- Identify work streams and teams potentially impacted by new functionality
- Identify deliverables
- Track action items and decisions
- Establish milestones and delivery dates
- Ensure project status is communicated
- Ensure central source of information is created & maintained
- Facilitate effective meetings and ensure team is coming together at appropriate intervals
- Ensure security and architecture reviews are occurring
- Help resolve blockers when they are identified
- Help make your project team be awesome
Qualifications for success:
- Strong interpersonal skills. Personable and can quickly engender people’s confidences. Able to lead effectively without authority. Capable of building relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural consultative style.
- Outstanding communicator. An individual who possesses good written/oral communications skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner. Positive can-do orientation. Able to deal effectively with broad range of personalities.
- Agile Project Management experience with software development projects is a must. The balance of delivering project functionality in time frames acceptable to the business while respecting the capacity of the project team.
- Dynamic. Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment while facilitating resolution to complex business and technical problems associated with software development.
- 3-5 years of work experience. Prior experience leading technical and non-technical personnel through the delivery of agile software development of applications for complex systems.
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $7 billion to more than 70,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**