At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy.
As a Tech Lead at OnDeck, you will:
- Help design innovative and flexible full-stack solutions to enable efficient customer acquisition and product origination.
- Closely collaborate with technology and product leadership, QA, DevOps and other teams to orchestrate medium to large scale development efforts.
- Remain hands-on, contributing to multiple codebases, while also guiding the team.
- Get to know and work with all facets of OnDeck business operation.
- Promote culture of learning, collaboration and continuous improvement.
Qualifications for success:
- At least 1-2 years leading a development team and 6+ years development software
- Experience leading a team building full-stack web solutions and designing flexible services and APIs.
- Experience with a Java web stack, DI and ORM frameworks, build tools like Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with SPA frameworks like AngularJS, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, Postgres, MongoDb is a plus.
- Strong software system design (design patterns) fundamentals.
- “Craftsman” mindset toward building software and a drive to continuously care for and improve existing codebases.
- Comfort with an Agile development environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Here at OnDeck we rely heavily on our tech leads to:
- Care deeply about making a business impact
- Focus on quality, security and flexibility of solutions
- Innovate and promote learning
- Help engineers to thrive
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**