Here at OnDeck, we are looking to hire a talented attorney to help with a wide range of general corporate matters with a particular focus on capital markets, debt financing and other transactional matters.
As an Associate General Counsel (Capital Markets), you will be an integral member of the legal team and work closely with our Capital Markets group to help them execute on the Company's funding strategy. Reporting to our Senior Associate General Counsel, you’ll have the ability to work on, or spearhead the legal efforts for, significant deals for the Company. While challenging, this will also be enormously interesting, fun and allow you to witness the real time impact that you have on both the Company's business plan and its success.
To excel in this role, you’ll be a self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment. Simply put, we are seeking a motivated attorney to help a rapidly growing, newly public, company execute its business plan.
- Work closely with OnDeck’s business teams, in particular the capital markets team for executing OnDeck’s funding strategy and the business development team for strategic transactions and partnerships
- Help manage relationships and activities with our outside counsel
- Handle a variety of general corporate legal matters
As an Associate General Counsel (Capital Markets) at OnDeck, you will:
- Be a key contributor in helping to grow a dynamic, fast expanding company
- Have a respectable work-life balance
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company's future and share in the rewards accordingly
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have an undergraduate degree and a JD degree from a top school, MBA is a plus
- You have at least 5 years of combined relevant legal experience, in-house experience is a plus
- You have strong corporate and/or finance law and transactional experience with deep expertise in debt financing transactions, experience in asset-backed and securitization transactions is a plus
- You are self-assured and energetic with a dynamic personality and can inspire the confidence of the business team, management, departmental colleagues and other support groups
- You are willing to learn and develop skills as a lawyer
- You have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills
- You are extremely well-organized and have excellent attention to detail
- You effectively prioritize and manage multiple matters
- You have the ability and desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- You have an interest in helping our small business borrowers grow their businesses
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $7 billion to more than 70,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**