At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Join our impactful compliance team at OnDeck. You’ll have the opportunity to drive the compliance framework forward, shape the regulatory strategy, and be part of a dynamic and fun-loving team!
As a Compliance Manager, you will have the opportunity to work in an evolving space in financial services. Due to the small size of the compliance group, it also presents a great opportunity to work across a number of different subject matter areas. OnDeck has a more inviting and flexible culture than the typical large financial institution.
As a Compliance Manager at OnDeck, you will:
- Drive all aspects of the compliance framework at OnDeck
- Work closely with OnDeck’s internal and external stakeholders
- Provide compliance advice to all OnDeck teams, in particular Sales and Risk
- Design and help the business implement compliance controls as well as policies and procedures
- Design and conduct compliance training
- Act as a second line of defense, including monitoring and testing responsibilities
- Help shape regulatory frameworks in an evolving industry space
- Be a key contributor in helping to grow a dynamic, fast expanding company
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company's future and share in the rewards accordingly
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Undergraduate degree, J.D. a plus
- Minimum 7 years of compliance or regulatory-related experience in financial services
- You are confident and energetic and can inspire the confidence of the business team, management, and colleagues
- You have experience working in the following areas: Fair Lending, Privacy, UDAAP. Other areas of focus include AML, Collections, FCRA, and TCPA
- You have the ability and desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to critically analyze regulation and public policy
- You have experience driving compliance-related initiatives
- You have an interest in helping our small business borrowers grow their businesses
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**