At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
In the Application Support Engineer role, you will interact with virtually every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have. This positions you well for many different career opportunities within OnDeck. You will have the opportunity to learn ITIL best practices hands-on and participate in Continual Service Improvement as we continue to align our processes with ITIL standards.
As an Application Support Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests related to OnDeck’s production applications – from initial intake and clarification with the internal end user through fulfillment, resolution, and knowledge sharing.
- Interact with virtually every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
- Act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources when Major Incidents occur in production.
- Respond to a high volume of tickets in a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule and manage dozens of batch jobs that are critical to the business and have complex dependencies.
- Learn about and help align the team with ITIL best practices.
- Have a variety of ways to contribute instead of doing the same thing over and over again. For example, some days you might focus entirely on responding to tickets, on other days you might identify and solve problems at a higher level through process optimization or scripting, still others you may focus on creating reports and gathering metrics to support a business decision.
- Be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Strong sense of ownership. It is important that you follow through with an issue until the reporting user is satisfied.
- Enthusiasm for helping others in a Service Desk or similar troubleshooting environment. The service you provide our users should give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Top-notch listening and communication skills. As one example, it is fundamentally important to be able to read a ticket, work with the end user to understand the issue, and successfully translate that information into the ticket such that anyone reading it for the first time fully understands the issue.
- Structured approach to problem solving. Many of the issues we face are unique, and it is your job to figure them out.
- Proficiency with navigating a Linux filesystem (e.g. editing files, log scraping, etc.).
- Facility with reading and writing SQL statements of basic to medium complexity.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- ITIL certifications or experience working in an ITIL environment. This team is mainly focused on the Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes.
- Experience scheduling and managing batch jobs.
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience working in the Financial industry or with Web applications.
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**