At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
The Associate Renewal Agent opportunity is a great place to start your career at OnDeck. The intention of this position is to provide a training ground for junior agents to advance and take on their own account base. While assisting the senior team members (for 6-12 months depending on performance) in every aspect of the partnership between OnDeck and our customers, Associate Renewal Agents will learn our products, markets, industry and the OnDeck sales process and skills. These individuals will be a direct point of contact for our customers and senior sales team to assist in product and application inquiries, expediting the sales process and following through with the customer requests.
As an Associate Renewal Agent, you will:
- Answer phones and assist callers with their needs.
- Act resourcefully and in an innovative way to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Take customer requests.
- Quote prices, prepare proposals and provide information regarding terms of sales and delivery dates. The Junior renewals team member will help sell renewal loans and line of credit programs to existing customers.
- Throughout the qualification process, you will learn to identify the specific needs of clients and how OnDeck’s products meet those needs.
- Reach out to inactive customers to find out their experience and attempt to bring them back to OnDeck for any future financing needs.
- Report to management on customer relationships, pipeline, forecasts and new prospects.
- Develop relationships with customers.
Qualifications for success:
- Professional, creative and dynamic presence and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- 1-2 years of prior sales or customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- CRM experience.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple task.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Keen intelligence and negotiation skills.
- High-energy, relationship expert.
- Ability to hunt down new opportunities from inactive/past customers.
- A desire to grow professionally
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Why Choose Us
We’re creating opportunities for small businesses and team members to grow and succeed. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration and aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work and don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**