At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building cutting edge systems to provide a world-class user experience to our customers and partners, aggregate mountains of data to make real-time lending decisions, and of course move lots of money every day. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy.The Salesforce Development team handles all new functionality in OnDeck’s Salesforce environment. We work closely with the business and our Product Management team to identify new functionality, collect technical requirements and prioritize the work in a sprint.
As a Salesforce Developer at OnDeck, you will:
- Maintain responsibility for the design, development, unit and integration testing of all new and existing code
- Develop and maintain Visualforce, AppExchange Apps, Force.com pages.
- Collaborate with product management, software engineers, and data engineers through the entire software development lifecycle to deliver features to production.
- Identify SFDC usage problems.
- Develop and apply advanced Salesforce functionality to solve business problems and create customized solutions on the Force.com platform.
- Develop custom solutions in VisualForce, Apex and other key technologies.
- Develop integration processes using Salesforce.com's Web Services API.
- Provide technical leadership on best practices for integration with Salesforce, in-house systems, and third-party systems.
- Actively seek out opportunities to leverage Salesforce, driving productivity gains for a rapidly scaling sales team.
- Program fluently in Apex and have a solid understanding of Apex classes.
- Code Apex triggers and create Visualforce pages.
- Confidently work with existing code.
- Understand Salesforce.com data model and how and when to create custom objects, junction objects, and other model items.
- Provide best practices on integration with external systems such as loan servicing data warehouse, web applications.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience and knowledge is required of the following:
- APEX, Visualforce and Salesforce.com platform
- WSDL and REST integration development
- SOA architecture
- Hands on experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of data structure and its correlation to Salesforce: Sales and Service Cloud, Data Loader, and Custom Applications
- Must be well-versed in cloud computing technologies and concepts.
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Why Choose Us
We’re creating opportunities for small businesses and team members to grow and succeed. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration and aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work and don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
Awards we've received:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**