At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, and internal consultants. Whether it’s providing forward-looking analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to get results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower to support OnDeck’s rapid growth and path to profitability.
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance will join the Financial Planning & Analysis team and will own the company’s corporate model and assist in long-term financial forecasting, key metric analysis, financial scenarios and special projects. As a part of the team you will provide management with the necessary insight to drive intelligent business decisions and work collaboratively across the organization on cross-functional projects. This is a high profile role which will interact regularly with senior management and have a direct impact on the strategic and financial direction of the company. As a part of the team you will also have exposure to larger corporate strategic projects and career development opportunities. The position will report to the Head of FP&A.
As part of the Finance team, you will:
- Own the company’s long-term financial model, ensuring it reflects company goals and reasonable operational metrics. Challenge key assumptions and inputs from departments across the company to ensure projections are as accurate as possible
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and determine return on investment for new products/market strategies and business development opportunities
- Report on and conduct regular reviews of key financial and non-financial metrics. Develop deep insights from performing analytics on the data
- Assist in performing the variance analysis of actuals to forecast/budget
- Assist in preparing materials for the CFO, including board decks, investor materials and other executive updates
- You have 3+ years experience in financial services, investment banking, investment research, private equity, or hedge funds
- You have highly advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Tableau and database/data warehouse skills desirable
- You have strong leadership skills
- You maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision and are highly organized
- You are articulate and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to think creatively, are highly driven and self-motivated
- You have demonstrated the ability to roll-up your sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Bachelor degree required
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Why Choose Us
We’re creating opportunities for small businesses and team members to grow and succeed. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration and aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work and don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**