At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
About the role:
The Director of Acquisition Strategy Development leads the team responsible for the strategies, frameworks, and rules used to automatically extend loan offers to new small business customers that come to OnDeck seeking capital.
The Acquisitions Strategy team develops and maintains underwriting guidelines and processes that allow the company to achieve its growth targets while remaining within its defined risk limits. The function leverages the models and scorecards developed by the Risk Modeling team and recommends changes to processes and product design so that OnDeck can expand the population of small business customers that it can profitably serve.
In addition to achieving these business objectives, the individual hired into this role will be responsible for building out the team, its capabilities, and establishing best practices and tools that will allow OnDeck to compete with banks that may be significantly larger, but substantially less nimble.
As the Director, Acquisition Strategy Development at OnDeck, you will:
- Develop credit strategies that create efficiencies in balancing risk-reward tradeoffs, primarily focusing on frameworks and processes that impact the application, decisioning, and offer generation stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Work with partner teams to implement these strategies into our automated loan originations platform and manual judgmental review processes and collaborate with other teams at OnDeck to manage their downstream impacts
- Establish monitoring frameworks, statistical control processes, and early warning systems that enable OnDeck to react quickly to changing environments.
- Define the requirements and influence the design of OnDeck’s small business loan originations platform and data model.
- Hire and train a team of Risk Analysts who will help develop new strategies using advanced analytical platforms and tools.
- Create communication, documentation and control systems that improve internal process governance without introducing too much bureaucratic overhead.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytic field
- 7-10 years of related experience in consumer or commercial lending in a Credit Risk Management or Business Analytics functional area.
- 4-5 years directly managing and mentoring teams of business analysts, data modelers, or data scientists
- Strong project management skills, as demonstrated by a history of taking on increasing responsibility
- Excellent credit judgment and risk assessment as demonstrated by previous experience in developing lending customer acquisitions and/or portfolio management strategies
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills as demonstrated by previous experience in developing creative solutions to business strategy, technological, and operational problems
- Knowledge and experience with statistical concepts and financial analytics (break-even analysis, NPV estimation, panel data, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to help small businesses by eliminating inefficiencies and excessive costs in the lending business
- Comfort in a highly visible role that is a key contributor to OnDeck’s continued success
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $7 billion to more than 70,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**