At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
This Senior Business Intelligence analyst will work with the sales and marketing leadership team to translate business questions and requirements into insights, tools and reporting to inform decisions and strategies. Key responsibilities include developing analytical tools and reports, tracking business trends, delivering business insights to key stakeholders, and performing ad hoc analyses to further explain changes in key metrics.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at OnDeck, you will:
- Partner with sales and marketing leaders to understand the business fundamentals, to design and build analytical tools that enable key insights into business drivers.
- Track key revenue metrics to explain trends; proactively identify meaningful changes and delve deeper into underlying data to understand and communicate drivers to senior leadership.
- Develop executive-level self-service reporting in the Tableau environment based upon high level specifications and user needs.
- Extract data to create ad hoc analyses that enable deeper understanding of customer segments, marketing campaigns, business trends and channel performance.
- Collaborate with data warehouse team and other business analysts to ensure consistency across all areas of the company.
Qualifications For Success
- 5+ years business intelligence or other advanced analytic experience
- Self-directed leader who can interpret data to understand trends and derive meaningful business insights for senior executives with little oversight
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data results into actionable business insights
- Ability to work with and manipulate data and ensure data quality; hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong SQL skills; other programming languages a plus
- Experience with business reporting platforms; Tableau experience a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently while also enjoying collaboration with cross-functional teams and other analysts.
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate numbers into a story
- Interest in business financing with a passion for helping small business owners achieve their goals and contribute to their communities
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Why Choose Us
We’re creating opportunities for small businesses and team members to grow and succeed. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration and aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work and don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**