Innovation, collaboration, and success: at OnDeck, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech start-up and the stability of a larger organization, OnDeck helps customers achieve their ambitions while leading in the small business lending space. We operate with a one team mindset, supporting each other and celebrating our wins together. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, inclusive environment where you can make an impact on our customers and business, OnDeck could be the place for you.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
Reporting to the Director of Decisioning Systems, your best work will result in optimal credit decisions for our customers, which encompasses pricing/approvals/new products. In addition you will maintain the stability and speed of our systems for maximum uptime.
As a Technical Lead at OnDeck on the Decisioning Systems Team, you will:
- Think critically and interact with product managers and other engineers to design and build features for the US business.
- Work closely with technical systems that powers our automated credit decisioning process.
- Closely collaborate with technology and product leadership, QA, DevOps and other teams to orchestrate medium to large scale development efforts.
- Remain hands-on, contributing to multiple codebases, while also guiding the team.
- Participate in improving our build, testing and release processes in technology.
- Coach and mentor the development team in all aspects of the agile development cycle.
- Promote culture of learning, collaboration and continuous improvement.
Qualifications to make it happen:
- 4 year BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of coding experience.
- 2-3 years of people management experience.
- Experience leading a team, building full-stack web solutions and designing flexible services and APIs.
- Experience with Jersey, Spring and Java testing frameworks.
- Experience creating and consuming REST and SOAP web services.
- Good understanding of event-driven, functional, and object-oriented paradigm.
- Familiarity with relational database design and high-level framework for database integration.
- Ability to create and communicate technical design to solve business challenges.
- Passionate about technology and willing to learn something new.
- Ability to independently work on a project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of AngularJS, Node.js and front-end testing frameworks
- Familiarity of credit model building using R and Python.
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
At OnDeck, it’s We Before Me. We support each other and we love seeing people succeed. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy and Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave and Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups and Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**