Job Title: Talent Acquisition Partner (6-month contract)
Who we are:
At OnDeck Canada, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving Canada’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck expanded into the Canadian market in 2015. Located in downtown Montreal and Toronto, OnDeck Canada is a financial technology company and is one of Canada’s largest online lenders to small business.
OnDeck uses data aggregation from hundreds of data points along with business credit scores and bank statements to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses. Using this we efficiently deliver cashflow solutions in a market underserved by the major banks. Through the OnDeck platforms, small businesses can obtain affordable loans and merchant cash advance in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way.
In order to support our rapid growth, we are currently seeking a Talent Acquisition Partner to support our hiring team’s needs. You will partner with senior management to facilitate an incredible candidate and hiring manager experience while closing the skills gap through recruitment. You will work alongside our Human Resources and our Technology teams to plan and tactically execute the hiring of new talent.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment? Are you interested in finance and technology? Do you love networking and building high performing teams? If so, we have the right opportunity for you. Join our team to have an impact on the future of our talent!
Get paid to:
- Foster close relationships with hiring managers to hire new talent
- Manage the full life-cycle recruitment process, including sourcing, attracting and screening candidates, preparing and executing offers, and onboarding new employees in collaboration with the HR Coordinator
- Drive creative sourcing techniques (direct, referrals, user groups, innovative niche tools) to help deepen both passive and active candidate pools
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and senior management to prioritize recruitment efforts for key roles and customize search processes when relevant to execute the business agenda in a 'managed growth' environment
- Bachelor's degree; we value skills and experiences obtained in education environments
- At least 4 years of hands-on recruitment experience in dynamic, fast paced environments, including at least 2 years "in-house", preferably for a mid-sized growth fintech company
- Adaptive and embracive of a changing environment, often working in somewhat ambiguous or evolving business situations
- Proactive with strong ability to work autonomously, make your own decisions, and effectively manage your time
- Ability to articulate the company EVP (employee value proposition) relative to mission, values, products, and culture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills driven by enthusiasm, energy, humility, humbleness, and sense of humor
- Technically inclined, able to navigate our ATS (Recruiterbox)
- Fluent in English and French, written and verbal
What we offer:
- An evolving organization
- A highly skilled team
- An opportunity to work with people that love what they do
- A fun and modern company culture
- A great office in the heart of downtown
- Great employee perks (flexible working arrangements, social events, on-site yoga, employee lounge, free coffee - just to name a few)
- An Employee Recommended Workplace (The Globe and Mail/Morneau Shepell)