Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Who we are:
At OnDeck Canada, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving Canada’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck expanded into the Canadian market in 2015. Located in downtown Montreal and Toronto, OnDeck Canada is a financial technology company and is one of Canada’s largest online lenders to small business.
OnDeck uses data aggregation from hundreds of data points along with business credit scores and bank statements to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses. Using this we efficiently deliver cashflow solutions in a market underserved by the major banks. Through the OnDeck platforms, small businesses can obtain affordable loans and merchant cash advance in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way.
You will help us evolve and build the future of our organization by extending our software capabilities on Java Microservices-based architecture. You will have an impact by creating and enhancing solutions that will increase customer satisfaction, the ability to service more merchants, and continue to evolve the speed at which our merchants can access working capital. You will take a key role in extending the internal platform by developing new modules and integrating with third-party solutions that will greatly enhance operational efficiencies.
Get paid to:
- Help design, architect and develop an advanced enterprise suite of tools for all aspects of the business
- Identify with the team the appropriate technology additions as we expand the functionality of our platform
- Participate in business requirement grooming sessions to ensure complete understanding of business needs
- Define and contribute to the implementation of robust software solutions through participation in peer code reviews, implementation of development best practices and testing
- Work in an Agile environment
- Be a part of the SCRUM team and collectively improve our ways of working
- Work with third parties as required to integrate systems and tools to our core enterprise solution
- You are open-minded and like working in a highly collaborative development team
- You possess an Agile mindset
- You are autonomous, enthusiastic and resourceful
- You have a strong desire to share ideas and solve problems
- You have a passion for discussing architecture and business requirements
- You possess an expert level of Java
- You have worked with Spring Ecosystem
- You have experience with distributed application development (Microservices - an asset)
What we offer:
- An evolving organization
- A highly skilled team
- An opportunity to work with people that love what they do
- A fun and modern company culture
- A great office in the heart of downtown
- Great employee perks (flexible working arrangements, social events, on-site yoga, employee lounge, free coffee - just to name a few)
- An Employee Recommended Workplace (The Globe and Mail/Morneau Shepell)