Job Title: QA Automation Engineer
Who we are:
At OnDeck Canada, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving Canada’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck expanded into the Canadian market in 2015. Located in downtown Montreal and Toronto, OnDeck Canada is a financial technology company and is one of Canada’s largest online lenders to small business.
OnDeck uses data aggregation from hundreds of data points along with business credit scores and bank statements to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses. Using this we efficiently deliver cashflow solutions in a market underserved by the major banks. Through the OnDeck platforms, small businesses can obtain affordable loans and merchant cash advance in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way.
We are building the future of online lending. Our technology is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, automating workflows to enable fast lending decisions, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We emphasize scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will work with a team of passionate developers and QA engineers in an Agile/scrum process to deliver new features and products. You will be involved hands-on from the design and scope processing through implementation, testing, and deployment to production.
Get paid to:
- Work with a development team to ensure quality during the Agile development lifecycle: architecture, story definition, development, testing, and release
- Test new products and features in areas of loan application, loan processing, decision, credit models and customer management
- Proactively write test automation for application flows and APIs
- Maintain Test Environments and debug applications
- Create test tools and processes to tackle the hard problems and help us scale effectively
- Work closely with business analyst to understand the requirements and develop test plans
- Design technical testing strategies and enhance automation framework
- You have 1 to 3 years in a Quality Assurance role, preferably in an enterprise-focused or start-up environment, as well as recent experience with test automation
- You can demonstrate strong technical skills in your current position including:
- Relational database queries (Postgres & MySQL a plus!)
- Linux and shell scripting
- Test Automation Tool (JBehave a plus)
- You are enthusiastic about improving software quality, find inspiration in cutting-edge technology, and enjoy working in a start-up environment
- You are proactive about learning our systems, asking a lot of questions, and tackling hard problems using new tools
- You can demonstrate experience building and maintaining an end-to-end test automation suite. We’re looking for people with experience automating front (e.g. Selenium) and back end (e.g. data validity, REST APIs, jobs) systems, behavior-driven development frameworks (e.g. JBehave), and CI (e.g. Jenkins)
- Knowledge and curiosity about technology and systems is an asset. Our applications run in the cloud, talk to each other through networks and load balancer, and save data in databases and CRM. The more we know about the system, the better we can support our teams!
- Knowledge of software engineering best-practices and passion to help your team find solutions is considered an asset
What we offer:
- An evolving organization
- A highly skilled team
- An opportunity to work with people that love what they do
- A fun and modern company culture
- A great office in the heart of downtown
- Great employee perks (flexible working arrangements, social events, on-site yoga, employee lounge, free coffee - just to name a few)
- An Employee Recommended Workplace (The Globe and Mail/Morneau Shepell)