Who we are:
At OnDeck Canada, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving Canada’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck expanded into the Canadian market in 2015. Located in downtown Montreal and Toronto, OnDeck Canada is a financial technology company and is one of Canada’s largest online lenders to small business.
OnDeck uses data aggregation from hundreds of data points along with business credit scores and bank statements to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses. Using this we efficiently deliver cashflow solutions in a market underserved by the major banks. Through the OnDeck platforms, small businesses can obtain affordable loans and merchant cash advance in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way.
The Collections & Credit Analyst will work closely with and receive direction from the Director of Collections and Legal Affairs. You will play an important role by mitigating risk, ensuring compliance and supporting client relationships to create resolutions that generate revenue on a regular basis.
Get paid to:
- Monitor accounts to identify overdue payments by conducting weekly Accounts Receivable (AR) reviews
- Determine the reason for delinquency, reconcile accounts, and work cooperatively with our clients to negotiate resolutions
- Minimize bad debt exposure, maintain aging at an acceptable level by meeting targets to reduce delinquent accounts
- Restructure or revise payment terms, recommend deferments, and negotiate settlement agreements using independent judgement within established limits
- Conduct collections campaigns on each client that consist of emails, phone calls and standard mail correspondence
- Responsible for accurate record keeping and reporting on collection activity
- Communicate regularly with management on the status of accounts and escalations
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Collections Department
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 5 years of collections, accounts receivable, or customer service experience required
- Excellent diplomacy, negotiation, organizational and information management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, bilingualism (French/English) is a must
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong understanding of Credit
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- Highly organized, self-disciplined with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret client communications, financial and legal documents
- Ability to prioritize and manage various tasks
What we offer:
- An evolving organization
- A highly skilled team
- An opportunity to work with people that love what they do
- A fun and modern company culture
- A great office in the heart of downtown
- Great employee perks (flexible working arrangements, social events, on-site yoga, employee lounge, free coffee - just to name a few)
- An Employee Recommended Workplace (The Globe and Mail/Morneau Shepell)