Job Title: Vice President of Finance
Who we are:
At OnDeck Canada, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving Canada’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck expanded into the Canadian market in 2015. Located in downtown Montreal and Toronto, OnDeck Canada is a financial technology company and is one of Canada’s largest online lenders to small business.
OnDeck uses data aggregation from hundreds of data points along with business credit scores and bank statements to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses. Using this we efficiently deliver cashflow solutions in a market underserved by the major banks. Through the OnDeck platforms, small businesses can obtain affordable loans and merchant cash advance in a much more convenient and customer-friendly way.
As a key member of our Senior Management Team, the Vice President of Finance will be a strategic contributor to the business. You will navigate the next phase of our evolution to capture the tremendous growth potential and to increase market share. You will bring expertise and objectivity to the business and challenge the status quo. You will plan, direct and control the organization’s operational and financial plans along with its accounting practices and manage the relationship with financial institutions and investors. You will provide overall leadership in the development and execution of the business strategy to drive stronger performance.
Reporting directly to our Co-Founder & Chief Risk Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities of the company.
Get paid to:
- Create company-wide operational and financial plans
- Oversee accounting and planning functions including financial close process (both for local subsidiary and parent consolidation), budget, operational plans, forecasting and cash-flow management
- Assist senior and mid-level management in establishing, tracking and analyzing KPI’s by functional area and across the organization
- Lead activities to optimize unit economics and maximize customer lifetime value
- Assist Sales and Marketing in establishing and maintaining product pricing policies and overall objectives
- Assist in transaction negotiations and integrations as needed, including identifying and realizing synergies
- Assist on all contract negotiations
- Provide strategic input and leadership on capital allocation and investment decisions
- Work with US capital markets team to develop the local corporate fundraising strategy, execute financings, and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Liaise with shareholders and lenders including delivery of all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Drive strong, commercially sound decision making in the Company
- Instill financial discipline and control across Company culture
- Ensure a reliable system of internal controls are in place to adequately safeguard company assets and provide accurate reporting on financial results
- Human Resources administration including benefits administration
- 10+ years of functional experience in a financial role with expanding scope
- A minimum of CPA; CFA and/or MBA desirable
- Exposure to both external audit and in-house financial management experience in a high-growth organization
- Financial services and/or financial technology background preferred
- Thorough understanding of foreign currency transactions and translation / measurement
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software; database/data warehouse skills desirable
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- The ability to operate at a high level in a bilingual (French/English), flexible and fast paced work environment
- The ability to work actively with team members in a hands-on management capacity
What we offer:
- An evolving organization
- A highly skilled team
- An opportunity to work with people that love what they do
- A fun and modern company culture
- A great office in the heart of downtown
- Great employee perks (flexible working arrangements, social events, on-site yoga, employee lounge, free coffee - just to name a few)
- An Employee Recommended Workplace (The Globe and Mail/Morneau Shepell)