Who we are?
OnDeck is a leading technology-enabled small business lender which expanded into the Canadian market in 2015. We want to accelerate our growth in Canada by building awareness & increasing adoption of our disruptive online lending solution to Canada’s two million small businesses. Headquartered in NYC and listed on the NYSE, OnDeck has originated more than $10 billion ($USD) in loans across 700 industries. In December 2018, Evolocity and OnDeck announced an agreement to combine their Canadian operations to create a leading online platform serving small businesses in Canada.
To support our growth, we are currently looking to hire a financial leader to fill the position of Vice President of Finance, based in Montreal.
Why we need you?
As a key member of our Senior Management Team, the Vice President of Finance will be a strategic contributor to the business. You will navigate the next phase of our evolution to capture the tremendous growth potential and to increase market share. You will bring expertise and objectivity to the business and challenge the status quo. You will plan, direct and control the organization’s operational and financial plans along with its accounting practices and manage the relationship with financial institutions and investors. You will provide overall leadership in the development and execution of the business strategy to drive stronger performance.
Reporting directly to our COO/CRO, you will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities of the company.
- Create company-wide operational and financial plans
- Oversee accounting and planning functions including financial close process (both for local subsidiary and parent consolidation), budget, operational plans, forecasting and cash-flow management
- Assist senior and mid-level management in establishing, tracking and analyzing KPI’s by functional area and across the organization
- Lead activities to optimize unit economics and maximize customer lifetime value
- Assist Sales and Marketing in establishing and maintaining product pricing policies and overall objectives
- Assist in transaction negotiations and integrations as needed, including identifying and realizing synergies
- Assist on all contract negotiations
- Provide strategic input and leadership on capital allocation and investment decisions
- Work with US capital markets team to develop the local corporate fundraising strategy, execute financings, and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Liaise with shareholders and lenders including delivery of all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Drive strong, commercially sound decision making in the Company
- Instill financial discipline and control across Company culture
- Ensure a reliable system of internal controls are in place to adequately safeguard company assets and provide accurate reporting on financial results
- Human Resources administration including benefits administration
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- 10+ years of functional experience in a financial role with expanding scope
- A minimum of CPA; CFA and/or MBA desirable
- Exposure to both external audit and in-house financial management experience in a high-growth organization
- Financial services and/or financial technology background preferred
- Thorough understanding of foreign currency transactions and translation / measurement
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software; database/data warehouse skills desirable
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- The ability to operate at a high level in a bilingual (French/English), flexible and fast paced work environment
- The ability to work actively with team members in a hands-on management capacity
Why you should work for us?
- Be part of an evolving organization
- Be part of a highly skilled team
- Work with people that love what they do
- Be part of a fun and modern company culture
- Work in our recently renovated downtown Montreal location (our amazing views can’t be beat!)
- Great employee perks (flexible working arrangements, social events, yoga, fitness corner, employee lounge, Dispatch coffee - just to name a few)