At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control
function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
Payment Support and Recovery provides Ondeck Merchants a place to turn when their business suffers circumstances that negatively affect their cash flow. Our department is dedicated to working with any Merchant willing to work with us to attempt to rectify the situation while preserving the dignity of the Merchant and protecting the financial strength of Ondeck. As a Department within Risk, we strive to, first, do no harm as we work tirelessly to allow Ondeck to remain within the Risk expectations of the company while providing a fun, team -driven and energetic atmosphere.
The Research & Skip Trace Associate is a new role within the Risk organization reporting directly to the Collection Managers. Working within Payment Support you will help PS Specialists maximize their time and efforts by working the front of the Loss Mitigation funnel to research accounts, provide vital information concerning the Merchants and skip trace to provide all pertinent contact information to reach the Merchant and/or business.
As a Research and Skip Trace Associate at OnDeck on the Payment Support Team, you will:
- Research accounts to determine operating and ownership status of the business.
- Investigate the financial status and assets of any Personal Guarantors on the loan.
- Utilize the internet and skip tracing databases to attach all possible contact information for the business and Personal Guarantor to the account.
- Learn small balance Loss Mitigation skills
- Learn the OnDeck operating systems and build experience in the process.
- Work with Payment Support Specialists to help with administrative functions that distract them from their primary job functions.
- Build experience necessary to move into a full time Payment Support Specialist roll if, and when, necessary and desired.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service, collections, and/or skip trace role
- Ability to learn and adapt to OnDeck operating systems.
- Understanding of loss mitigation and general collection philosophies and environments.
- High computer literacy and capabilities to properly utilize provided skip tracing tools.
- Capability to look at, decipher and process data and information to arrive at accurate end results.
- Focus to work independently through a repetitive task without getting distracted.
- Know when to ‘let go’ and move to the next account if new information is not available or helpful.
- Fast internet speeds and private work space if remote employee.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Working understanding of Excel and other Windows products.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**