At ODX, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
ODX’s next frontier is to build the next generation platform to enable the expansion of our technology to more clients and to introduce innovative and modern technologies. We want you to be a part of that. Our objective is to continue to revolutionize small business lending and enable financial institutions to better serve their customers by accelerating the process in a digital manner, leveraging advanced automation tools, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
The Partnerships team at ODX works with leading global financial institutions to transform how they lend to small businesses. Our team has a purpose-driven impact in helping fuel large scale small business growth, the backbone of the economy, through our banking and financial services partners. We develop and implement the next generation platform while collaborating in an innovative startup environment with the support of an established profitable business and client base.
What can you expect? In this role you’ll be responsible for business development at all stages of the pipeline; core responsibilities include pitching (all stages), authoring business cases and responding to request for proposals (RFPs), developing client pricing models and deal structures, and designing products and service models to meet client needs (cross functional). The key challenge is to understand how prospective clients’ needs map against our platform capabilities and then design offering and deal structure that work for both parties. You’ll be spending a lot of time engaging with prospective clients, both in-person (travelling) and on the phone. This role sits on our partnerships team and will be a key contributor to bolstering our standing as the leading provider of digital solutions to banks.
You will be:
- Prospecting and pitching new clients – work alongside ODX’s head of business development and president to target, engage, and pitch prospective clients.
- Designing platform programs – once clients is interested, work with the client’s business and product team leaders to tailor the offering to client needs within the ODX offering framework.
- Structuring and negotiating deals – structure and negotiate based upon the agreed-upon program design, ensuring that all parties are properly compensated for their levels of commitment and risk.
- Scoping requirements with cross-functional teams – collaborate with engineers, product managers, and analytics personnel to design program requirements.
- Designing and executing statements of work (SOW) – author and negotiate the SOW, which encapsulates the entirety of the technology being built and the services being provided to the client.
- Managing the client through the signing process– wear multiple hats on different days. Hats will encompass business development, product strategy, marketing manager, UX/UI design oversight and FP&A.
Are you right for this role? We’re looking for an A player who thrives in driving initiatives in a flat organization like ODX but also enjoys driving work in a large-scale, complex banking environment. In other words, you should be able to translate complex issues into creative solutions. You absolutely need to be open to wearing multiple hats and transitioning between job functions to fill gaps as needed. You will be respected by peers and develop and maintain superior client relationships. You must be ready to get in the weeds with product and technology in both innovative and legacy tech environments. Finally, you must be passionate about small business lending technology!
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Skills in SQL, Tableau or other data management or visualization software
- Having a key role in agile software development/scrum team
- Financial modelling skills
- Experience marketing a product targeted to small business owners; marketing campaigns at various stages of the funnel from acquisition through retention and renewals
- Experience in financial services industry and/or core banking platforms is a plus
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
*No external recruiters or agents, please.**