At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
We are OnDeck’s People Operations team. We think big and empower ONDK for the future. We understand our business. We seek all points of view. We build high-quality partnerships. We ask the right questions to push our partners to think critically about the business.
Come to OnDeck to inform, inspire and connect team members to each other, our strategic goals and our mission of helping small businesses succeed through innovative communication solutions. Create cultural opportunities internally that enhance employee engagement, align with our core values and celebrate what is unique to each office and team, then translate our story externally to candidates.
As the Communications and Employer Brand Associate at OnDeck on the People Operations team, you will:
- Support Internal Communications Strategy by driving content strategy for company-wide intranet platform; developing and executing employee, executive and change management communications; managing company-wide content calendar; and facilitating messaging through innovative channels like our Internal Communicators Network and Ask Me Anything sessions
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to identify and produce content, drive communication campaigns, and address and solve for communication gaps and barriers
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure that external and internal communications are consistent, on brand and aligned across platforms and channels
- Enable People Operations teams to meet their communication objectives by providing communications support and consultation on campaigns, initiatives and processes that impact the team member experience
- Play an integral role in supporting our employer brand externally – create editorial and oversee content management for various social platforms and sourcing partnerships; drive company award application process; highlight cultural experiences that demonstrate our value proposition and serve our attraction, selection and engagement needs
- Lead company-wide Culture Committee responsible for planning and organizing community involvement and volunteering opportunities, sponsorship and guest speaker events
- Support organizational roll-out of diversity and inclusion initiatives including establishing framework for employee resource groups and enhance existing people processes like onboarding and performance
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 3 years of communications experience
- 4 year college degree
- Passion for writing, storytelling and working with people
- Experience managing intranet platforms
- Creativity: You have an innovative approach to problem-solving and enjoy ideating with colleagues
- Discipline: Ability to multi-task, take initiative and get the job done
- Emotional intelligence: Success in this role requires strong interpersonal skills, proven intuition, and ability to craft messages with the audience in mind
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Ability to facilitate in-person training sessions
- Experience planning company-wide celebrations and managing partnerships with philanthropic institutions
- Knowledge of various tools and processes for measuring communication impact
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**