At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, forecasters and liaisons to Wall Street. Whether it’s providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower and funding to support OnDeck’s strategic plan. We’re results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at OnDeck analyzes complex data sets, tracks and measures insights, builds critical reporting, and draws key insights.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at OnDeck on the Finance team, you will:
- Partner with Finance leaders to understand the business fundamentals, to design and build analytical tools that enable key insights into business drivers.
- Track key financial metrics to explain trends; proactively identify meaningful changes and delve deeper into underlying data to understand and communicate drivers to key stakeholders.
- Develop self-service reporting in the Tableau environment based upon high level specifications and user needs.
- Extract data to create ad-hoc analyses that enable deeper understanding of customer segments, marketing campaigns, business trends and channel performance.
- Collaborate with data warehouse team and other business analysts to ensure consistency across all areas of the company.
- Leverage knowledge base in predictive analytics as a supplement to existing company health diagnostic reporting.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 3 years business intelligence or other advanced analytic experience
- At least a 4 year college degree
- Self-directed leader who can interpret data to understand trends and derive meaningful business insights for senior executives with little oversight
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data results into actionable business insights
- Ability to work with and manipulate data and ensure data quality; hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong SQL skills; other programming languages a plus
- Experience with business reporting platforms; Tableau experience a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently while also enjoying collaboration with cross-functional teams and other analysts
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate numbers into a story
- Interest in business financing with a passion for helping small business owners achieve their goals and contribute to their communities
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience in R
- Experience Forecasting and using Predictive Analytics
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**