At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Product Department builds financial products and user experiences that users would rave about. We build external products that our end customer -Small Business Owners use to create financial leverage for their business. We also build internal products that our team members in Marketing, Sales and Operations use to provide services to Small Business Owners. Our job starts with identifying user needs, exploring the feasibility of solutions to those needs, and evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different departments to build and launch the solution. But our job does not end there, because once we launch a product, we need to continuously monitor and improve it. A good product manager is very user centered, analytical and technologically savvy. Our product management philosophy centers around test-and-learn, design thinking and agile. Above all, a good product manager is business savvy, and knows what it takes to win in the market.
The Customer Management product team at OnDeck is responsible for managing all aspects of the customer journey post booking including servicing, collections and the technology stack.
Help OnDeck power Small Business growth in the United States and worldwide. Take a lead role in building the next generation of loan servicing platform to unlock ground breaking features and products for Small Business Owners.
As a Senior Product Manager - Customer Management at OnDeck on the Product team, you will:
- Take a lead role in building OnDeck’s foundational next generational servicing platform that will turbo charge our ability to roll out new products and experiences.
- Manage and execute on the roadmap for an evolving set of features from inception through roll out maintaining the right balance between build vs outsource.
- Work closely with technology and third parties to see features through end to end; from identifying scope and writing requirements, conducting UAT to releasing features and monitoring impact.
- Drive key decisions on the product construct of OnDeck’s current and future financial products.
- Drive key decisions on OnDeck’s customer management ecosystem.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to make data- and end-user-driven decisions around areas of opportunity and how to take advantage of them.
- Work closely with a diverse set of partners across Technology, Risk, Finance, Client Servicing, Legal and other Product Managers.
- Define KPIs to continuously monitor and improve the platform and value it unlocks for the organization.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 5 years of Product Management (or similar) experience.
- Strong technical background and demonstrated success collaborating deeply with cross functional technology teams to deliver technology products.
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships to gain buy in and achieve business results.
- Experience working cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, technologists, data scientists and senior management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Data-driven approach to understanding user behavior and discovering and evaluating product opportunities (Basic SQL and Excel skills to access and analyze data and build business cases).
- Experience following test and learn frameworks to drive product evolution.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience working with financial/lending products.
- Experience working with vendors and remote stakeholders/teams.
- Experience working on large technical products and technology migrations.
- Experience working on core banking systems and migrations.
- FinTech experience.
- Computer Science/Technical degree and/or background in a computational or engineering related field.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**