At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
The Senior Analyst of Marketing Analytics and Modeling is responsible for the strategies, campaign execution, vendor management and models used to target prospective customers. This includes statistical models used for marketing targeting, frameworks to allocate marketing spend in accordance to business constraints, lead nurturing strategies for various acquisitions channels, and partnership with third party vendors to optimize campaign execution. The individual who fills this position will be expected to cover both data modeling, process management, and business analytics strategies.
As a Senior Risk Analyst of Marketing Analytics at OnDeck, you will:
- Develop statistical models that aid in segmenting and targeting prospective small business customers on the basis of financial needs, credit risk, and debt servicing ability
- Create data-driven targeting frameworks that assist in the company’s Direct Mail strategy and increase operational efficiencies.
- Develop strategies to effectively integrate our strategies with third party data sources and lead providers
- Work closely with technology team and third party venders to optimize campaign execution process
- Monitor the application process and identify areas to improve our processes to efficiently balance data collection, customer experience, and conversion rates.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or Engineering
- At least 2 years of related experience in a marketing analytic role for a lending or financial service company
- Excellent SQL and analytic programming skills (R, Python, SAS), willingness to work closely with large data sets and get into the details with business processes
- Knowledge and experience with statistical modeling and marketing analytics
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort in a highly visible role that is a key contributor to OnDeck’s continued success
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce,OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**