At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck’s next frontier is to build the next generation platform to enable the expansion of our technology to more clients and to introduce innovative and modern technologies. We want you to be a part of that. Our objective is to continue to revolutionize small business lending and enable financial institutions to better serve their customers by accelerating the process in a digital manner, leveraging advanced automation tools, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
The Partnerships team at OnDeck works with leading global financial institutions to transform how they lend to small businesses. Our team has a purpose-driven impact in helping fuel large scale small business growth, the backbone of the economy, through our banking and financial services partners. We develop and implement the next generation platform while collaborating in an innovative startup environment with the support of an established profitable business and client base.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Work with a development team to ensure quality during the Agile development lifecycle: architecture, story definition, development, testing, and release.
- Write test automation to cover critical integrations and end-to-end workflow – especially when we’re developing cool new things!
- Create test tools and processes to tackle the hard problems and help us scale effectively.
- Make a meaningful contribution to the company by working to integrate major financial partners with our platform.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You are enthusiastic about improving software quality, find inspiration in cutting-edge technology, and enjoy working in a start-up environment.
- You are proactive about learning our systems, ask a lot of questions, and tackling hard problems using new tools.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You have 3 – 5 years in a Quality Assurance role, preferably in an enterprise-focused or start-up environment, as well as recent experience with test automation.
- Experience working with clients
- You can demonstrate strong technical skills in your current position including:
- Programming (Python a plus!)
- Relational database queries (Postgres a plus!)
- Linux and shell scripting
- You can demonstrate experience building and maintaining an end-to-end test automation suite. We’re looking for people with experience automating front (e.g. Selenium) and back end (e.g. data validity, REST APIs, jobs) systems, behavior-driven development frameworks (e.g. Cucumber or Robot Framework), and CI (e.g. Jenkins).
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Deep knowledge and curiosity about technology and systems. Our applications run in virtualized servers or in the cloud, talk to each other through networks and load balancer, and save data in databases and CRM. The more we know about the system, the better we can support our teams!
- Knowledge of software engineering best-practices and passion to help your team find solutions.
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**