At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck’s next frontier is to build the next generation platform to enable the expansion of our technology to more clients and to further introduce innovative and modern technologies. We want you to be a part of that. Our objective is to continue to revolutionize small business lending and enable financial institutions to better serve their customers by accelerating the process in a digital manner, leveraging advanced automation tools, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
The Partnerships team at OnDeck works with leading global financial institutions to transform how they lend to small businesses. Our team has a purpose-driven impact in helping fuel large scale small business growth, the backbone of the economy, through our banking and financial services partners. We develop and implement the next generation platform while collaborating in an innovative startup environment with the support of an established profitable business and client base.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
As a Senior Software Engineer working in Java at OnDeck, you will:
- Work on critical systems handling financial data and money movement.
- Automating the business flows with appropriate checks, audits and validations, which require manual interventions.
- Design and develop scalable REST APIs for loan servicing operations.
- Design and develop batch applications and reports for loan processing.
- Work with every domain within the business, understanding their needs and objectives and helping them optimize their approach to getting their job done
Qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technological focus
- At least 5 years of experience developing Java applications
- You are passionate about technology and have a craftsman mindset toward building software
- You enjoy building new functionality while transforming the code base with innovative techniques
- You have experience designing flexible & reusable software & APIs
- You have extensive experience testing frameworks (e.g. Mockito, EasyMock), RDBMS, SQL, Spring, ORM frameworks, scripting languages
- Familiarity with the following technologies/frameworks is a big plus: Guice, MyBatis, PostgresSQL, json/XML, gradle
- You are comfortable working in an agile development environment
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a team-player
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**