Who we are
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
We are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in more than 155 countries and territories around the world. How do we do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, OmniPlatform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
We also practice what we preach! We are a fully remote company which means we have no head office. Our team of more than 400 people is located in more than 50 countries and territories around the world. This means you can work from anywhere. We provide benefits and support in any global location just as we would for our clients and their remote teams. Our company has a flat structure which means accountability and taking initiative towards your everyday tasks that help further our ambitious company goals.
At a time when remote work is exploding, we’re growing our team to help make global remote work a reality for people everywhere.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer who is hungry to build - this is a fully greenfield opportunity to develop the architecture of our next-generation platform. We’re 3 years old, and have learned some lessons, and we want these to drive forward our next stage of global growth. You will be solving complex, meaningful problems that help bring our customer and internal-facing OmniPlatform to life.
We’re about to embark on the journey of building our next-generation platform and we need incredible Software Engineers to help us with that mission. This will enable you to work on all elements of the product life-cycle from ideation through to operational delivery. The best talent is everywhere, and our product creates a future where anyone, anywhere on the planet will have the same access to opportunities.
Why join Engineering at Omnipresent
- We are truly omnipresent. We believe that diverse teams are the best teams, and here you will solve complex, compelling problems with incredible colleagues spanning over 50 countries and cultures.
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons.
- A sense of achievement - our teams own their software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel proud of what you and your team created.
- Whilst our high performing teams have the autonomy to execute and deliver software to standards and processes defined by the team, the whole of engineering follows Agile principles and leverages Scrum where necessary to facilitate cross organizational consistency and emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and continuous improvement.
We are solving an incredibly complex problem
You will put to work your knowledge of best-practice software development principles to build products encompassing global payroll, payments, compliance and benefits across 160 countries. This will involve:
- Designing, developing, and implementing high-quality software applications to build our new platform's architecture.
- Participating actively during technical decisions and discussions to support our continuous improvement for impact and velocity.
- Challenging our product and team members to continuously develop themselves and our product.
- Contribute to the development of scalable and reliable systems
- Analyze and optimize system performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement new features
- Mentor junior developers and help them grow their skills
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Extensive experience with Python development.
- Possess a deep understanding of modern software engineering design and development principles
- Advocate of agile principles and practices and an interest in working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience contributing to architectural decisions - you need to care about building solutions that are well designed, built, implemented and that you understand the “why” and “what for”
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices and distributed system architectures
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database design using modern technologies
- Ability to write unit and system tests and automate testing processes
- Experience developing and deploying application into cloud environments
You are the sort of person that...
- Has a passion for quality and observability, an ability to understand complex systems and a desire to constantly make things better.
- Is passionate not just about working remotely, but evangelizing a new paradigm between employers and employees that decouples geographic location from economic opportunity — improving quality of life for people everywhere.
- Has the ability to self-start and you embrace a growth mindset
- Invests in the growth of your team and are eager to share knowledge and mentor others
- Is pro-active, result-driven, and excited to work in a fast-growing tech scale-up
What's in it for you?
- Shared ownership: Being a part of our journey means you'll own a piece of Omnipresent.
- Annual vacation entitlement: We have a flexible leave policy - you may take as much holiday as you like, so long as it is agreed with your manager. As a guidance, we expect people to take at least 33 days per year, including public holidays (or your region's minimum, if greater).
- Flexible working: Work from anywhere in the world! We don’t care where or when you work, as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows.
- Development: Training, coaching, and an environment that promotes career ambition and progression.
- Work environment: We are fully remote, allowing you to work from wherever you live in a flexible manner.
- Parental leave: For employees that have been with us for 12 months by their due date, we offer 6 months of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver, followed by statutory for your region. Secondary caregivers that have been with us for 12 months are entitled to 8 weeks fully paid parental leave.
- Wellbeing: Mental health and wellbeing support and services through Plumm
- Home office setup: It should go without saying that we will provide you with the equipment you need to work from home in the same way you would if you were in an office. We will provide you with the home office equipment you need to enable you to work effectively wherever you are, including covering internet costs.
- Education: We believe in helping you maximise your potential to deliver maximum impact. Get access to books, courses, mentors and learning plans to help you be your best and do your best!
- Additional benefits: we offer additional benefits that vary from region to region, such as medical, life insurance, pension/retirement funds and more - please ask your Talent Partner when you speak with us!
We believe remote working is a great equalizer and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.