About Omidyar Network:
Omidyar Network is a philanthropic investment firm dedicated to harnessing the power of markets to create opportunity for people to improve their lives. Established in 2004 by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and his wife Pam, the organization invests in and helps scale innovative organizations to catalyze economic and social change.
Omidyar Network has committed more than $1 billion to for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations that foster economic advancement and encourage individual participation across multiple initiatives, including Education, Emerging Tech, Financial Inclusion, Governance & Citizen Engagement, and Property Rights.
About the Digital Identity Team:
Digital Identity is our newest area of work at ON. Our vision is that digital identities empower people to participate meaningfully in the modern economy while protecting an individual’s right to privacy, security and user control.
As Director, Marketing & Communications, this person will draw upon her/his knowledge and experience of marketing communications and the global development sector to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and manage the implementation of marcom strategies for Omidyar Network’s Digital Identity initiative.
Create awareness of ON's Digital Identity initiative:
- Drive understanding and awareness of the Digital Identity initiative through messaging that is universally understandable and resonant across a diverse set of constituencies, including: media, for-profit investors, entrepreneurs, foundations, nonprofits, policy makers, interest groups, and staff. Tailor messaging by constituency to advance ON’s points of view, create differentiation among ON and its peers, and drive constituencies to action.
- Design and manage global marcom programs that activate initiative strategies and messages across a variety of platforms and marcom touch points, including: media, including print, electronic, and digital; social media; owned media such as websites, collateral, and employee communications; sponsorships and speaking opportunities; and Omidyar Network owned events and convenings.
- Drive alignment between the organization’s words and actions, working with senior management to make internal operations and external activities powerful forces for strengthening and extending the Omidyar Network brand and its initiatives.
- Develop and execute individual executive visibility programs that build executive profiles and create demand for their participation in industry projects, media interviews and at events.
- Coordinate activities with global Omidyar Network marcom and initiative teams.
- Work with investees to advance their causes with the broader context of Omidyar Network’s initiative sector goals.
Manage internal communications for digital identity:
- Utilize internal systems and create programs to increase collaboration and information sharing across the organization.
- Empower staff to engage externally, by providing them with materials, resources and training to be effective communicators.
- A minimum of 10+ years in marketing and communications with leadership experience of multi-discipline communications function including public relations, brand image management, marketing communications, corporate communications, investor relations, and public and/or government affairs, ideally both in corporate and agency environments.
- Proven ability to quickly establish trust and credibility of internal and external clients. Someone who is sought out for his/her opinions and counsel and who can forge and maintain close relationships across internal and external teams and members of the media.
- Innovative and creative thinker with success using traditional and digital media to advance communications objectives.
- Experience developing and managing marketing and communications programs including responsibility for a global brand.
- Highly collaborative and supportive style. Capable of building relationships and influencing the opinions of others.
- Understanding of public and private sectors.
- The Digital Identity team at ON is located across the US, India and Europe. Experience of driving communications efforts across these geographies is highly desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to the partnership’s core values, mission, and programs and to serving our grantees.
- Ideally brings a history of community service or philanthropy and understands and values the importance of social change work.
Omidyar Network firmly believes that diversity and inclusion makes us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.