About Omidyar Network:
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive.
To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com and @omidyarnetwork on Twitter.
About the Strategic Communications team:
We are a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to using the power of communications and advocacy to advance our strategic goals. We work in close partnership with our program teams to build strategic communications into their strategies at the outset. At times, our team supports program leads on a given impact goal, while other times, we lead the work. We pursue policy levers, narrative and culture change, storytelling, thought leadership, earned, owned and paid media, and other creative channels to shift people’s mindsets and behaviors. We aim to increase our impact and contribute to the change we want to see in the world. We’re always on the lookout for new tools and innovative, dedicated thinkers to add to our team.
We are searching for a hardworking and professional Strategic Communications Coordinator to join our team. Your duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, therefore excellent professional skills are vital for this role.
The successful candidate will help build communication materials and digital content, organize meetings and presentations, and help tell the story of ON internally and externally. You possess superb written and verbal communication skills and have in-depth knowledge of communications trends.
Although a lot of time will be spent on the administrative side, this is a stepping-stone to the many duties of a communications manager.
How You’ll Contribute to our Impact:
- Work with the team to proactively develop and implement digital strategies and develop content to engage audiences via social media, the website, and other externally facing digital channels
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Participate in and document discussions during meetings and conference calls, and prepare other internal communications
- Process vendor contracts, sponsorships, and payments
- Assist with administrative requests for the StratComms team, as well as internal and external staff events, and business meetings, including managing the calendar, travel (when that happens again)…and expenses for senior members of the communications team, including the Chief Advocacy and Strategic Communications Officer and director(s)
- Proofread and copyedit key documents such as marketing emails, social media, blog posts, website copy.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 2-3 years of demonstrated ability in a communications role
- Understanding of digital platforms – from websites and mobile to social networks and blogs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail for design, copy, grammar, errors: We need an eagle eye!
- Familiarity with WordPress, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, email marketing software (e.g., Mailchimp), and media and social media monitoring tools
- Proficient public speaking abilities are an asset, and an analytical and critical mind
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.