About Omidyar Network:
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive.
We are seeking a Manager of Portfolio Operations to help redevelop, manage and improve the general operational process through which the firm conducts its programmatic work (“Programmatic Workflow”), including identification of funding opportunities, due diligence, approval, closing, management and review/evaluation. Close interaction with the program team is required, as well as integration with functional departments such as learning & impact, legal, finance, strategic communications and IT. Please note that this position will not be engaged directly in programmatic work.
This full-time role is a new position at Omidyar Network, based in either Redwood City, California, or Washington DC, and will report to the General Counsel and SVP of Portfolio Operations.
Due to COVID-19, the interview process for this role will not be in person. Our teams are currently working remotely, but we expect this position to be working in our offices once we have re-opened based on health and safety conditions.
- Assist the General Counsel and SVP of Portfolio Operations with the redevelopment and implementation of the firm’s Programmatic Workflow and related systems (Salesforce), working in close collaboration with program and operations teams to incorporate user-centered design, knowledge management and flexibility
- Manage the firm’s Programmatic Workflow through administration of our internal systems, coordination with other teams, and oversight to ensure consistency and effectiveness
- Lead internal working group of designated program team members (“Super Users”) to promote process ownership and accountability for each program team
- Develop documentation and training materials, and help manage onboarding and training for staff in conjunction with internal working group
- Maintain an on-going focus on improvements to processes and knowledge management through solicitation of feedback, external engagements and periodic review
- Support finance team which generates pipeline and portfolio financial reporting, and partner with other key functions to ensure that systems support their work
- Work with learning & impact, program teams and external advisors to set guidelines for due diligence of programmatic work and engagement with portfolio organizations
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 5-7 years of experience in grant-making process and systems management
- Passion for the work and mission of Omidyar Network
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Impeccable accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong document management and organizational skills
- Confident teammate with ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Reliable and able to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- User-centric and problem-solving approach
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn new software and system tools as needed
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.