About Omidyar Network:
Omidyar Network is a philanthropic investment firm dedicated to harnessing the power of markets to create opportunity for people to improve their lives. Established in 2004 by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, the founder of eBay, the organization has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and non-profit organizations to catalyze economic and social change. To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com, and follow on Twitter @omidyarnetwork.
About the Strategic Communications Team:
We are a dynamic group of professionals passionate about using communications and marketing to advance our strategic goals. We use advocacy, storytelling, narrative change, thought leadership and other creative channels to increase our impact and build the change we want to see in the world. We’re always on the lookout for new tools, innovative ideas, and dedicated thinkers to add to our team!
We are searching for a talented and professional Communications Coordinator to join our team. Your duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, therefore excellent professional skills are vital for this role.
The successful candidate will help create communication materials and digital content, organize meetings and presentations, and help tell the story of ON internally and externally. You must possess superb written and verbal communication skills and have in-depth knowledge of communications trends.
Although a lot of time will be spent on the administrative side, this is a stepping-stone to the many duties of a communications manager.
How You’ll Contribute to our Impact:
- Write and copy edit a variety of different content to support communications efforts, including website copy, social media content and press releases
- Manage calendar, travel and expenses for senior members of the communications team, including the Chief Advocacy and Strategic Communications Officer and senior director(s)
- Maintain website content to ensure it is up-to-date and reflects the organization’s priorities
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Prepare documents such as meeting agendas, meeting reports, and other internal communications
- Assist communications team in developing and implementing communications strategies designed to further ON’s objectives
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Plan and coordinate events as needed
- Participate in and document discussions during meetings and conference calls
- Process vendor contracts, sponsorships, and payments
- Assist with office requests for the marketing and communications team, as well as internal and external staff events and business meetings
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 1-2 years of experience in a communications role
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- High-level of organization and detail oriented
- An analytical mind and ability to think critically
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Talent for planning and executing multiple projects concurrently
- Understanding of digital platforms – from websites and mobile to social networks and blogs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Knowledge of email marketing software (e.g., Mailchimp), as well as media and social media monitoring tools
- Proficient public speaking abilities are an asset
Please include a resume and, in lieu of a cover letter, write a blog post (less than 500 words) about why the Anti-Monopoly Fund is critical to our work in Reimagining Capitalism and Beneficial Technology. You can reference recent articles and our blog post about why we invested. Upload your response below under 'Writing Prompt.'
At Omidyar Network, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our fundamental belief that people are inherently capable, but they often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to have outsized positive returns on the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Omidyar Network is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.