About Omidyar Network:
Omidyar Network is a philanthropic investment firm dedicated to harnessing the power of markets to create opportunity for people to improve their lives. Established in 2004 by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and his wife Pam, the organization invests in and helps scale innovative organizations to catalyze economic and social change.
Omidyar Network has committed more than $1 billion to for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations that foster economic advancement and encourage individual participation across multiple initiatives, including Education, Emerging Tech, Financial Inclusion, Governance & Citizen Engagement, and Property Rights.
About the Energy Access Team:
The Energy Access team at Omiydar Network is seeking an extern to support in the expansion of its research and investment opportunities. Building on ON’s energy access investments in d.light, Off.Grid:Electric, RenSource, and Lendable, this team is investigating further potential investments in the sector.
The extern will support the team in researching and identifying key market trends, supporting production of key strategy documentation, and conducting market due diligence on potential investments.
- Market research and trend analysis
- Map investments in the sector, to demonstrate a comprehensive picture of investors and capital deployed
- Identify key future trends in the energy access sector, including, but not limited to, potential technologies, business models, and geographies that appear promising for ON investment
- Support in the production of ON energy access strategy and related documentation
- Participate and inform strategy discussion and formation
- Support team in drafting supporting documents to be reviewed by partnership and board
- Due diligence of potential investment opportunities
- Screen potential pipeline opportunities and, where applicable, due diligence for investment committee process/ approval
- Experience scoping market opportunities through management consulting, investment banking, or venture capital background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, resourcefulness, sound judgment, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with employees of all levels and in all departments
- Must be strong at multi-tasking, prioritizing, and have demonstrated expertise in working on projects of wide scope
- Must possess high degree of flexibility and adaptability required for a startup, entrepreneurial, changing work environment
- Must be a creative and independent self-starter, while being a strong team player
Omidyar Network firmly believes that diversity and inclusion makes us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.