About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of programmable, mRNA-encoded therapeutics to transform human medicine. The OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth and differentiation to cell death. The OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega’s engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific intervention points amongst the thousands of validated novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic targets we have mapped to tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure disease through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics is seeking a Vice President, Cancer Biology, to lead the company’s efforts in identifying, validating and rapidly translating novel and existing high-value oncology targets from concept into first-in-class therapeutics for Oncology. The ideal candidate will be independent, motivated, and work with a sense of urgency. She or he will efficiently lead strategic and operational aspects of projects, ensuring progression of multiple parallel projects, leading cross-functional teams and acting as a thought leader and resource in Oncology across the organization. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Build and lead the development of Omega’s Cancer Biology and Epigenetics function; setting research strategy and early clinical focus, leading target selection and evaluation, identifying and appropriate disease models; helping envision, implement and rapidly drive therapeutic programs forward through R&D
- Provide scientific leadership, expertise and management of translational efforts across programs and teams in a highly matrixed organization, ensuring and open communication and rapid execution
- Design and lead project research plans and discovery cascades, related assay development, in vitro proof-of-concept, in vivo translational studies, data analysis, interpretation, reporting, communicating progress to executive management, Board of Directors and external partners
- Lead innovative preclinical model development to enable interrogation and elucidation of mechanism of action, diagnostic hypotheses, mechanisms of resistance, and define PK/PD/efficacy relationships
- Manage and lead a cross-functional team while also mentoring project leaders, comfortably operating in a team-first environment
- Thoroughly understand corporate objectives to align project plans and priorities
- Contribute to regulatory filings, patent applications and manuscripts published in peer-reviewed journals
- PhD or equivalent in biological sciences with significant experience advancing drug discovery projects into development in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment
- Deep understanding and industry experience in Oncology/Immuno-oncology, including translational research/medicine and early clinical development.
- Commitment to identifying simple, critical path discovery cascades and creating scalable, high quality experimental systems that can translate throughout a program’s lifecycle
- Excellent leadership capabilities with at least 10 years biotech/biopharma industry experience in guiding and motivating successful teams, as well as building and managing productive research collaborations
- Very strong communication and partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others in a matrixed work environment
- Deep knowledge of cancer biology, chromatin and DNA/RNA biology, epigenetics and gene therapy/gene editing, including viral and non-viral delivery modalities, and advanced sequencing technologies
- Experience in metabolic, liver and regenerative disease, rare disease, hematological and immune disorders, inflammatory disease, neuromuscular or neurodegenerative disease with proven success and contribution to the field
- Experience in Research and Translational Development for biologics, nucleic acids macromolecules, advanced therapeutics, and cellular model systems