About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering the first systematic approach to use mRNA therapeutics as programmable epigenetic medicines by leveraging its OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform. The OMEGA™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth and differentiation to cell death. The OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega’s engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific intervention points amongst the thousands of mapped and validated novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic loci to durably tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure disease through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. This individual will be a key member of the team and will provide support and assist in all aspects of financial accounting and reporting. General ledger and month-end responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as well as assisting with accounts payable tasks and with internal and external financial reporting.
This is a new position that will interact with all levels of management. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential, as well as the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a remote capacity as needed.
- Prepares and maintains GL monthly journal entries with sufficient support documentations providing a clear audit trail
- Ensures relevant balance sheet accounts are reconciled and analyzed on a monthly basis
- Verify accuracy of invoices and assist with entry into the Accounts Payable system.
- Reconcile vendor statements as needed.
- Interact with vendors and internal customers
- Assist in the coordination of SOX compliance documentation and testing.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Strong accounting skills; solid understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills required
- Proven attention to detail, an ability to provide professional customer service to internal and external customers alike
- Demonstrates ability to take appropriate action without having all facts and take the initiative on issues that need attention
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Is realistic in setting deadlines and meeting expectations on timelines
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; value the importance of teamwork
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers and various levels of management as needed
- Seeks feedback to improve skills, knowledge and performance
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high volume environment
- BS or BA degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 3+ years of experience; pharmaceutical industry experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills; very good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of NetSuite financials or another ERP a plus