About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of programmable, mRNA-encoded therapeutics to transform human medicine. The OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth and differentiation to cell death. The OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega’s engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific intervention points amongst the thousands of validated novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic targets we have mapped to tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure disease through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Senior Research Associate (Sr. RA) to join our cancer discovery team. The successful candidate will assist in the development and advancement of our transcription modulation programs, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, and conducting and critically analyzing experiments. The successful candidate will collaborate with senior project scientists and other research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Utilize a broad technical knowledge of cell and molecular biology tools to support platform build and therapeutic program development with a focus on genomic sequencing-based assays
- Must be comfortable following developed protocols and should have a demonstrable ability to assist in developing new techniques and assays
- Provide support for cell-based assays and optimization of new sequencing-based protocols
- Assist in management of day-to-day laboratory operations including maintenance of equipment, as well as reagent tracking, ordering, and receiving
- Well versed in techniques that include but are not limited to mammalian cell culture, transfections, RNA/DNA/protein isolation and analysis, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, ChIP, and bisulfite conversion
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with high-throughput assay formats
- Working knowledge of chromatin and/or epigenetics
- Previous experience in next-generation sequencing techniques is a plus
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with diligent notetaking, ELN records and adherence to SOPs
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities - comfortable delivering against challenging project needs and timelines
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Biology or a related field