About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of programmable, mRNA-encoded therapeutics to transform human medicine. The OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth and differentiation to cell death. The OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega’s engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific intervention points amongst the thousands of validated novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic targets we have mapped to tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure disease through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Data Engineer to join our integrated Computational Genomics & Data Sciences group as a key contributor in our machine learning and data science efforts. The successful candidate will be an essential member of a close-knit team of experimental and computational scientists driving Omega’s platform technologies and supporting a broad set of computational programs. We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced cross-functional scientific team.
- Work on a small but growing team, building data science infrastructure to support a biotech company developing a groundbreaking target discovery platform
- Collaborate with data scientists and computational biology scientists to maintain code libraries/pipelines that implement and support Machine Learning frameworks while integrating them with internal storage and metadata-management systems
- Help develop database, security and cloud infrastructure supporting software tools for internal users including biologists, chemists, data scientists and for sharing data/results with external partners
- Work with members of our Data Science and Machine Learning teams, as well as scientists and others within Omega to define project requirements
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain production-quality code with appropriate unit and integration tests
- Write and maintain documentation of design decisions and code
- Experience with machine learning and data science tools and development, as well as database and data management best practices
- Experience in software development in industry, or in academia with strong code quality standards; Python experience preferred
- Familiarity with Python backend/server development and AWS DevOps/security best practices
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal software and data science teams, external IT contractors and members of other functional teams such biology and chemistry
- Curiosity to learn about new areas of science and biotechnology, whether or not you already have a background in this area
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related Engineering disciplines.
- Recognized excellence working in multidisciplinary teams as evidenced from prior experience and strong references