About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new class of programmable, mRNA-encoded therapeutics to transform human medicine. The OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth and differentiation to cell death. The OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega’s engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific intervention points amongst the thousands of validated novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic targets we have mapped to tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure disease through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, versatile, and hands-on R&D Program Manager (commensurate with experience) to provide strong leadership, strategic direction and program management to program teams. The role is highly cross-functional with key interactions with research, preclinical, CMC, clinical, regulatory, and finance.
The Program Manager, in partnership with the Program Leads, will develop the integrated development plan; will have a firm understanding of the program strategy, critical path activities, risks and mitigation plans; and lead the long-range planning.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, possess a firm understanding of the drug development process, be comfortable with ambiguity, and have a proven track record managing and driving program teams. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills, enabling effective communication within program teams and throughout the organization.
This is an exciting and visible role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The role will be reporting to the Head of Program and Alliance Management.
- Partner closely with Team Leaders to drive the development and execution of strategic, integrated development plans
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional team members, senior leaders and key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with projects
- Build and maintain detailed integrated program timelines
- Lead scenario planning and analysis
- Identify bottlenecks and issues. Proactively drive for their resolution
- Track and monitor key milestones and decision points to drive delivery of program objectives
- Facilitate team meetings using project management best practices/tools to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of project objectives
- Develop and maintain risk registry along with team communications including action item and decision logs, meeting agendas, and minutes
- Develop project management tools/templates to facilitate timely communication and execution of projects
- Lead budgeting/forecasting/long-range planning activities for assigned projects
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team, and to influence at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, to effectively inform key updates & issues across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a fast-paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment with large potential impact; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues, and balance competing priorities effectively
- Expertise in Microsoft suite (e.g. Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook etc.) and PM tools (e.g. Office Timeline Pro, OnePager etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field, advanced degree (MS, PhD or MBA) and/or PMP Certification preferred
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience with a minimum of 8+ years of program management in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry; level to commensurate with experience
- Strong understanding of drug development, including Regulatory Filings. Pre-IND experience (including IND filing) is required
- Alliance management experience preferred
- Previous experience in gene editing, gene therapy or cell therapy preferred.