Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed fundraising platform that helps raise funds and awareness for charity by offering anyone the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and prizes. Omaze democratizes the charitable giving experience and offers curated prizes that no other platform can match.
Omaze was founded in 2012 to disrupt the fundraising space and bring additive dollars to charities that are too often limited by outdated methods like expensive and time-intensive annual galas. Nearly a decade later, Omaze has raised over $150M net to support over 400 charities, and has set sights on raising $1B in a single year. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we successfully launched in the UK in 2019 and are excited to continue our growth and expansion in this market offering dream homes.
In the UK, Omaze has given away a number of dream homes all across the UK, netting over £3,000,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust, British Heart Foundation, The Prince’s Trust, Cancer Research UK and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Whether you are the grand prize winner or not, every donation supports a worthy, vetted cause like these.
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
- Big Impact - You will be a part of a one-of-a-kind passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
- Growth - Omaze is currently one of the fastest growing companies in the world and on a path to be the world’s first social impact IPO. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
- Unique Culture - We live by our virtues. We believe in growing together, spreading joy and dreaming giant.
- Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2020, #1 in the Social Good Category. Check it out!
Who We’re Seeking:
Our marketing team is looking for a talented contract to hire a Senior Copywriter to hit the ground running, delivering outstanding copy for our Dream giveaways—including website messaging, social media content, and digital marketing assets like emails and banner ads—all while maintaining the voice and tone of Omaze. You’re a team player who thrives in and contributes to a creatively collaborative environment; a passionate individual who’s excited about growing and learning new things; and a highly organized grammar nerd who loves hitting deadlines and has a stellar attention to detail. You’re able to juggle multiple projects at once, and you’re a proactive and communicative problem-solver. Join our creative studio team, and you’ll grow your portfolio while helping establish the Omaze brand and raise tons of money for charity!
What You’ll Do:
- Write marketing copy for our sweepstakes including website, emails, multi-channel social, paid ads, partner materials, video descriptions and more
- Work with manager/director to ensure quality and timeliness of copy assets
- Collaborate with design partner to ensure effectiveness of campaign materials
- Contribute to the efficiency of the creative marketing team by adding new ideas and approaches to the work
- Act on data and marketing metrics to continually refine the copy efforts of the team ● Work with our marketing and partnerships teams to maintain a consistent creative strategy as unique as each fundraising campaign
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Have an eagle-eye attention to detail, even against pressing deadlines, and a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation
- Be exceptionally organized and have no problem tackling multiple projects at once
- Work well with others and welcome constructive feedback
- Take initiative and not be afraid to stop and ask questions like, “Did they misspell ‘initiative’ back there?” (Good catch.)
- Be interested in and passionate about the worlds of real estate, cars and travel
Don’t quite meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking to exceptional candidates. If the current role isn’t a fit, we’ll keep your information on file for the future.
What to Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits including attractive equity package.
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), and more.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome difference of background, identity, and perspective and work hard to ensure that all people can bring their authentic self to work at all times.