Who We Are:
Omaze is a fundraising platform that has raised over $150M to support charities to date by offering people the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and prizes. Omaze is on a mission to dream the world better, both for our customers and for the charities that we support in our work everyday. Omaze winners have gone to Lake Como with George and Amal Clooney, received Pope Francis’ Lamborghini, lived in Europe for a month, or even received $1M cash. Meanwhile, Omaze experiences have helped build a children's hospice center in the UK, a community hub assisting the homeless population of LA, and solar water farms in multiple countries around the world.
Omaze was named Fast Company's 2020 Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We’re on a path to disrupt the fundraising space and spread optimism at scale, and we’re expanding our exceptional team to help us get there.
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
- Big Impact: You will be a part of a passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
- Growth: Omaze is growing rapidly. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
- Unique Culture: We live by our virtues. We believe in we before me, growing together, taking ownership, spreading joy and dreaming giant.
- Perks: If raising millions of dollars every year to support charities isn’t a perk enough, we’re excited to offer unlimited PTO, summer Fridays, weekly meditation, and the opportunity to work with a phenomenal team that makes a global impact every day.
Who We’re Seeking:
The Content Team at Omaze is responsible for the creation of all of Omaze’s marketing deliverables ranging from award-winning videos to design and copy. The Video Editor will edit video content promoting once-in-a-lifetime experiences, which include everything from the chance to win dream cars to the chance to hang out with A-list celebrities.
What You’ll Do:
- Use Premiere and ancillary programs to edit short-form scripted and unscripted pieces designed to promote live campaigns and maximize impact
- Perform advanced sound design, sound mixing and coloring to finish projects
- Use templates to create graphics for video content including title cards and YouTube end cards. Be able to create new templates and/or bespoke graphics for higher-potential projects.
- Excel in a technical skill beyond editing in Premiere (e.g., sound editing, VFX, color, motion graphics).
- Proactively create ways to streamline and templatize aspects of the editing process. This includes leading the creation and update of Premiere templates.
- Develop the post-production team’s abilities by learning and discovering new programs, tools or other assets that can assist the editors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s or above in film or communication
- 4+ years of editing experience at a YouTube channel, MCN, ad agency, or equivalent
- Very strong proficiency in the use of Adobe Premiere editing software
- Ability to color correct and mix audio for web
- Experience with programs such as Photoshop, After Effects and DaVinci Resolve are a plus
- A strong knowledge of pop culture, sports, travel, and/or cars is a plus
- Experience working in fast-paced environments and with balancing multiple tight deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple departments
- You have excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written communication skills
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
What to Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching, fertility support, parental leave, mental health support and employee stock options.
- Our office is dog-friendly (but for now we enjoy our furry friends over video calls).
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home. We offer a monthly stipend to support employees’ remote office set up and we continue to find creative opportunities to connect and socialize virtually.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives and work hard to ensure that every Omazer can bring their authentic self to work at all times.