Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed fundraising platform that helps raise funds and awareness for charity by offering anyone the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and prizes. Omaze democratizes the charitable giving experience and offers curated prizes that no other platform can match.
Omaze was founded in 2012 to disrupt the fundraising space and bring additive dollars to charities that are too often limited by outdated methods like expensive and time-intensive annual galas. Nearly a decade later, Omaze has raised over $150M net to support over 400 charities, and has set sights on raising $1B in a single year. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we successfully launched in the UK in 2019 and are excited to continue our growth and expansion in this market offering dream homes.
In the UK, Omaze has given away a number of dream homes all across the UK, netting over £3,000,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust, British Heart Foundation,The Prince’s Trust, Cancer Research UK and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Whether you are the grand prize winner or not, every donation supports a worthy, vetted cause like these.
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
- Big Impact - You will be a part of a one-of-a-kind passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
- Growth - Omaze is currently one of the fastest growing companies in the world and on a path to be the world’s first social impact IPO. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
- Unique Culture - We live by our virtues. We believe in growing together, spreading joy and dreaming giant.
- Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2020, #1 in the Social Good Category. Check it out!
Who We’re Seeking:
Our QA team is seeking an experienced Software QA Engineer to support our growing UK team. You should be comfortable testing features manually both on frontend systems and backend systems. This role will require a close working knowledge of QA methodologies as well as an understanding of exploratory testing, risk prioritization and regression testing. Our team is a big believer in continuous learning, so an engineer that can adapt quickly to the challenges of a growing team is preferred for this role. Automation and coding skills are not required but our ideal candidate would be excited to learn these skills with us at Omaze and grow. This role will report to the UK engineering manager while working closely with the QA Manager and US QA team to ensure all processes and deployments meet the highest quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Manually test and regress the UK site and internal tools
- Contribute to the manual and automated regression suites in our test case management tools
- Collaborate with Omaze engineering to support deployments and launches
- Write test plans to support deploys and ongoing features
- Document and validate bug reports
- Work closely with the Product team and Engineers in the development cycle to maintain the highest Quality Standards for our systems
- Help adapt the QA side of the SDLC for the UK team as we scale and grow
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or scientific discipline; or
- 3+ years of professional experience as a QA engineer or QA analyst without relevant degree
- Experience with running test suites and executing manual test cases
- Ability to perform basic debugging
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, and Waterfall)
- Not sure you meet the requirements? Apply anyway, we love talking to amazing people.
- Experience with any of the following technologies and languages:
- Shopify themes
- e-Commerce testing
- Codeless automation tools
- Google Analytic Suite
Don’t quite meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking to exceptional candidates. If the current role isn’t a fit, we’ll keep your information on file for the future.
- Competitive salary and benefits including attractive equity package.
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), and more.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome difference of background, identity, and perspective and work hard to ensure that all people can bring their authentic self to work at all times.