Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed fundraising platform that helps raise funds and awareness for charity by offering anyone the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and prizes. Omaze democratizes the charitable giving experience and offers curated prizes that no other platform can match.
Omaze was founded in 2012 to disrupt the fundraising space and bring additive dollars to charities that are too often limited by outdated methods like expensive and time-intensive annual galas. Nearly a decade later, Omaze has raised over $150M net to support over 400 charities, and has set sights on raising $1B in a single year. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we successfully launched in the UK in 2019 and are excited to continue our growth and expansion in this market offering dream homes.
In the UK, Omaze has given away a number of dream homes all across the UK, netting over £3,000,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust, British Heart Foundation,The Prince’s Trust, Cancer Research UK and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Whether you are the grand prize winner or not, every donation supports a worthy, vetted cause like these.
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
- Big Impact - You will be a part of a one-of-a-kind passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
- Growth - Omaze is currently one of the fastest growing companies in the world and on a path to be the world’s first social impact IPO. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
- Unique Culture - We live by our virtues. We believe in growing together, spreading joy and dreaming giant.
- Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2020, #1 in the Social Good Category. Check it out!
Who We’re Seeking:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are an experienced software engineer who is excited about building innovative next-generation social good platforms to empower nonprofits to do their world-changing work. You are someone who cares about code quality and craft, but also has an intrinsic motivation to deliver value to the customer and knows how to balance both. Ideally you are a full stack engineer who can demonstrate a general knowledge in various technologies and how those should be applied in various scenarios when designing features or systems.
Part of the job requires good communication and organizational skills. You should be able to translate ideas and requirements into deliverable units of work. You can collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences, and always strive to improve yourself and those around you. You believe everyone has something to contribute, value diversity and inclusion, and enjoy mentoring others to help them grow.
In this role, you “own” the technical quality, execution, and delivery of user stories.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring your software and Full Stack experience to collaborate with a close-knit engineering team that is building social good platforms.
- Chiefly responsible for the writing and testing of code that produces the application.
- Work closely with members of their team to ensure design and implementation meet product needs.
- Help architect, design, and implement reusable well-tested software components
- Proactively reviews the code of others, providing feedback on implementation choices
- Owns the effort to ensure that their PRs get reviewed by others on their team / cross teams.
- Collaborate with other engineers and subject matter experts early and often throughout development to ensure sound architecture design decisions to provide a delightful customer experience and raise money for charities that impact the world.
- Follows code standards and best practices for their given platform.
- Work with Product Owners, UX/Designers to ensure complete and proper implementation
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7-10+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Comfortable operating in environments subject to regulatory, compliance, and risk-based security requirements.
- Experience designing and building products or major features from concept to launch.
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing (e.g., Jest, react-testing-library).
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals (product, marketing, subject matter experts, etc.).
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about crafting amazing user experiences.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and can be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.
- Don’t quite meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking to exceptional candidates. If the current role isn’t a fit, we’ll keep your information on file for the future.
What to Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits including attractive equity package.
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), and more.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome difference of background, identity, and perspective and work hard to ensure that all people can bring their authentic self to work at all times.