Who We Are:
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
Big Impact: You will be a part of a passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
Growth: Omaze is growing rapidly. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
Unique Culture: We live by our virtues. We believe in: we before me, growing together, taking ownership, spreading joy, and dreaming giant.
Perks: If raising millions of dollars every year to support charities isn’t a perk enough, we’re excited to offer unlimited PTO, summer Fridays, weekly meditation, and the opportunity to work with a phenomenal team that makes a global impact every day.
Who We’re Seeking:
As an Engineering Manager, you are an experienced leader and a practicing software engineer who is excited about building innovative next-generation social good platforms to empower nonprofits to do their world-changing work. You are someone who still wants to be hands on, but also thrives on mentoring teams and cares about code quality and craft. You will need an experienced technical background, attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You enjoy fostering leadership in others and gaining the trust and respect of your peers.
This position requires excellent communication, organizational and technical skills. You can collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences, and always strive to improve yourself and those around you. You believe everyone has something to contribute, value diversity and inclusion, and enjoy mentoring others to help them grow.
The Engineering Manager will also manage all normal employment aspects of the direct reports, including time off approvals, performance reviews, and escalations.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage one to two pods by empowering, mentoring, and growing engineers’ capabilities and careers.
- Encourage a positive engineering culture, including an open environment of learning, questioning, “best idea wins”, and the “obligation to dissent”.
- Take on a leadership role in organizational changes in support of continuous improvement.
- Cause change that increases the skill of the development team, and work with other Engineering Managers and Delivery Leads to increase the effectiveness of the development organization.
- Help the development team build a relationship of trust, equality, and cooperation with the Product Owner and technical leadership.
- Hire and onboard engineering staff and supports organizational structures.
- Contribute to technical excellence through involvement in our communities of practice
- Participate in architectural and design conversations
- Jump in to help teams deliver value to customers as needed
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience and managing engineers. Experience in partnering with product and delivery teams in a Scrum Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Professional experience with multiple programming languages and technologies.
- Familiarity with designing scalable architectural patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Familiarity with AWS and Cloud-Native architectures.
- Proven ability to design, architect and implement robust and scalable enterprise systems.
- Experience with Microservice/micro frontend architectures.
- Prior experience mentoring full stack teams and managing projects.
- A proactive self-starter who takes ownership and is highly responsive.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical people.
- An organized, systemic thinker who can document architectures, translate ideas and requirements into units or work that align with the mission of the team.
- Have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failure.
- Pragmatic, take calculated risks, and make timely decisions.
- Adaptable and applies the right resource for the right problem, at the right time.
- eCommerce Experience (plus)
- Full Stack Experience (plus)
- Experience doing TDD (plus)
- Don’t quite meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking to exceptional candidates. If the current role isn’t a fit, we’ll keep your information on file for the future.
Competitive salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching, fertility support, parental leave, mental health support, and employee stock options.
Our office is dog-friendly (but for now we enjoy our furry friends over video calls).
We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home. We offer a monthly stipend to support employees’ remote office set up and we continue to find creative opportunities to connect and socialize virtually.
We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives and work hard to ensure that every Omazer can bring their authentic self to work at all times.