Omaze is a venture-backed fundraising platform that helps raise funds and awareness for charity by offering anyone the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and prizes. Omaze democratizes the charitable giving experience and offers curated prizes that no other platform can match.
Omaze was founded in 2012 to disrupt the fundraising space and bring additive dollars to charities that are too often limited by outdated methods like expensive and time-intensive annual galas. Nearly a decade later, Omaze has raised over $150M net to support over 400 charities, and has set sights on raising $1B in a single year. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, we successfully launched in the UK in 2019 and are excited to continue our international expansion by entering the German market in Q1 2022.
In the US, Omaze has offered people the chance to win hundreds of prizes from celebrity experiences like double dates with George and Amal Clooney in Lake Como, one-of-a-kind cars, and dream homes. In the UK, Omaze has given away three dream homes in Manchester, London and the Cotswolds, adding over one million customers and netting over two million euros for Teenage Cancer Trust, British Heart Foundation & The Prince’s Trust. Whether you are the grand prize winner or not, every donation supports a worthy, vetted cause.
Omaze is looking to replicate its success in the UK market by offering dream homes in Germany beginning in Q1 2022 and our #1 priority is to hire a great local leader.
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
- Big Impact - You will be a part of a one-of-a-kind passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
- Growth - Omaze is currently one of the fastest growing companies in the world and on a path to be the world’s first social impact IPO. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
- Unique Culture - We live by our virtues. We believe in: we before me, growing together, taking ownership, spreading joy and dreaming giant.
Who We're Seeking:
The Legal team at Omaze is responsible for protecting the interests of the company by providing long-term strategic direction as well as day-to-day operational support.
The Corporate Counsel - International Ops, will play a key role in supporting corporate operations and compliance matters in the UK and EEA territories.
- Review, draft, edit and negotiate commercial agreements, including vendor agreements, NDAs, real estate purchase agreements, update and maintain template repository
- Review and advise on marketing materials, website copy, promotional rules, and consumer communications
- Coordinate with internal teams and external service providers to ensure agreements, communications, and other corporate materials properly reflect enterprise risk tolerances, and are otherwise drafted and managed in accordance with global corporate policies and expectation
- Anticipate and proactively guard against legal and compliance risks by conducting research and provide analysis and advice on various matters and materials
- Occasional Work Travel
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified lawyer in the UK or Germany, with 4-7 years of experience working in an internationally/nationally recognized law firm or in-house legal department
- Law degree from an top-ranked law school
- Fluent in English required; fluent in German preferred but not required
- Significant contract drafting experience with high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Unmatched organizational skills and an unyielding attention to detail
- Extreme multi-tasker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn other practice areas and to become familiar with laws of other jurisdictions
- Willingness to do the tedious, detailed-oriented type of work that keeps Omaze running and have the ability to independently exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision
- Background in gaming and/or fundraising laws a plus
- Don’t quite meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking to exceptional candidates. If the current role isn’t a fit, we’ll keep your information on file for future.
What to Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits including equity package.
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), and more.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome difference of background, identity, and perspective and work hard to ensure that all people can bring their authentic self to work at all times.