Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Who We’re Seeking:
We’re looking for a skilled and versatile writer to join our video team and assist in the brainstorming, researching, and writing of creative proposals and scripts that promote our diverse range of once-in-lifetime experiences. So to (hopefully) paint a better picture of what all of that entails, here’s what an ordinary work week might look like for a writer:
- You join the team to help brainstorm creative video ideas for a high-profile talent partner who is offering fans the chance to meet them on the set of their next film.
- You draft up a creative proposal to creatively pitch the top 3 creative ideas that we’d like to present to this high-profile talent (and of course, you join us as we all cross our fingers in hope that they’ll select our favorite of those ideas!)
- You circle back up with the team, but this time we’re brainstorming some ways to tell the story around an upcoming impact video that spotlights the incredible and inspiring work of one of our nonprofit partners.
- You research and write a script in the voice of a car enthusiast host who is announcing the chance to win a limited-edition Audi. (NOTE: If you happen to be a car enthusiast yourself, that’s great because we do a lot of scripting for the Omaze Autos initiative!)
- You hop into a quick meeting with the team to discuss creative ways to frame an upcoming campaign where another high-profile talent partner is offering the chance to grab coffee with one lucky winner. In other words, what’s a better headline than ‘grabbing coffee’?
- You join the team for a creative review session to share notes for another writer who was tasked with researching and writing a script for another one of our dream cars.
- You shift gears an hour later to join the team for another creative review session, but this time you’re giving notes on a comedic script for a high-profile talent, who is offering fans the chance to be in an episode of their hit show.
- You join the team to brainstorm a creative way to outline/film the uplifting story of a recent winner, who just found out that he won the supercar of his dreams.
- You join another review session, but this time it’s to present your limited-edition Audi script to the team for notes/feedback.
- With clear notes in hand, you dive into revisions on the Audi script.
- Good news! That high-profile talent from Monday’s brainstorm loved one of our ideas and so the next step is to script it. Perhaps next week, you take on this assignment with full support from the team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of pitching, writing, and producing digital short-form content preferred
- Experience working in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Excels in group creative environments where team culture comes first
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office, especially Sheets/Excel
- Maintains a proactive approach to planning and focuses on working with cross-functional teams
- A strong knowledge of pop culture is essential while knowledge of sports, travel, and/or cars is a plus.
- Experience working on content featuring A-list talent is a huge plus
- Writers’ room experience a strong plus
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself