Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Who we are Seeking:
As a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer you will collaborate with the engineering organization to develop and manage infrastructure used in building and deploying Omaze’s various products and services. You will develop, document and implement automated development infrastructures for our customers (build automation, deployment automation, test environments, development environments). You will be a champion of best practices of implementing well-documented, tested and organized systems.
What You’ll Do
- Iterate on aspects of deployment and technical operations including risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management
- Be a technical collaborator - providing technical assistance and architectural support to our developers and project teams
- Work with developers in moving monitoring, logging, and alerting to earlier in the development cycle.
- Build observability tooling, dashboards, and alerting in regards to application performance and stability
- As a team, develop and document standards and best practices
- Interpret complex issues and clearly communicate them to others
- Continuously stay up to date with existing and emerging DevOps/SRE technologies and tools
- Proactively keep systems updated with upgrades and patches to ensure best performance and security
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in cloud operations, or related field
- Managing enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS), including ECS, RDS, Route53, and VPC networking and security in single and multi-region zones.
- Experience managing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform
- Strong familiarity with Linux systems
- Writing automation using Bash, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems or microservice architectures
- Implementing and managing CI/CD automation for cloud services
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals (product, marketing, subject matter experts, etc).
- Engage engineers across our organization to support a culture of collaboration and inclusion through mentorship, respectful code review, and dedication to quality.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about how to use your skills to best create value for both internal and external customers.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and are able to be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.
- Don’t quite meet all of the requirements? Apply anyway!
- Experience with Kubernetes and the cloud native ecosystem