Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Who We’re Seeking:
The Delivery Lead does whatever is in their power to help the Development team, Product Owner and organization to be successful. The Delivery Lead is not the manager of the Team members, nor are they a project manager, team lead, or team representative. Instead, the Delivery Lead serves the Team; helping to remove impediments, protect the Team from outside interference, and help the Team to adopt modern development practices. The Delivery Lead educates, coaches, and guides the Product Owner, Team, and the rest of the organization in the skillful use of Agile.
- Acting as a servant leader helping enable the team to collaborate and improve.
- Collaborates on continuously empowering and building the development community to foster alignment within and across products.
- Coaches the team in the effective use of Scrum, including the Scrum events: daily stand-up, backlog refinement, sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint reviews.
- Monitors team health and helps the team measure and manage its own improvement.
- Shields the team from interruptions during the sprint and helps the organization understand the need for uninterrupted time for the team to develop.
- Helping the Development Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items and a well-refined backlog. Acts as an independent voice to the team on the quality of the backlog.
- Helping the Product Owner arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Helps the Product Owner get closer to real users and customers. Challenge the Product owner to validate product direction against real end-user input and data.
- Help build up a relationship of trust, equality, and cooperation between the Product Owner and the Development Team and the broader organization.
- Facilitates establishment of new pods in concert with the Engineering Manager and other roles as necessary.
- Resolve blockers and communicate risks as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3 + years of experience with scrum, agile development, and technology related work
- Ideally has experience working in a start up environment
- Experience facilitating scrum ceremonies
- Experience working in JIRA and Confluence
- Scrum Certified
- Interested in continuous growth and constantly striving for improvement
- Experience working with distributed remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable collaborating with stakeholders and informing leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Highly focused, detail-oriented, and collaborative
- Self-driven problem solver, comfortable with ambiguity and taking initiative
- Ability to build strong productive relationships
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience