Who We Are:
Omaze is an online fundraising platform that offers people the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and prizes to support nonprofits around the world. Omaze is on a mission to dream the world better. We do that by fulfilling experiences that have raised over $140M to support nonprofits around the world. These experiences have sent winners to Lake Como with George and Amal Clooney, given someone Pope Francis’ Lamborghini, the chance to live in Europe for a month, or even $1M cash.
Omaze was named to Fast Company's 2020 Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We’re on a path to disrupt the fundraising space and spread optimism at scale, and we’re expanding our exceptional team to help us get there.
Why You’ll Love Working at Omaze:
- Big Impact - You will be a part of a one-of-a-kind passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a meaningful impact in the world.
- Growth - Omaze is growing rapidly. If you’re excited about a high-growth, fast-paced environment, or about scaling something that’s never been done before, we’d love to talk to you.
- Unique Culture - We live by our virtues. We believe in growing together, spreading joy and dreaming giant.
- Perks: If raising $20M+ every year to support charities isn’t a perk enough, we’re excited to offer unlimited PTO, summer Fridays, weekly meditation, and the opportunity to work with a phenomenal team that makes a global impact.
Who we are Seeking
As a Engineering Manager, you are an experienced leader and a practicing software engineer who is excited about building innovative next-generation social good platforms to empower nonprofits to do their world-changing work. You are someone who still wants to be hands on, but also thrives on mentoring teams and cares about code quality and craft. You will need an experienced technical background, attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work. You are constantly trying to improve processes, solutions, and yourself. You enjoy fostering leadership in others and gaining the trust and respect of your peers.
This position requires excellent communication, organizational and technical skills. You are able to collaborate with both technical and non technical audiences, and always strive to improve yourself and those around you. You believe everyone has something to contribute, value diversity and inclusion, and enjoy mentoring others to help them grow.
The Engineering Manager will also manage all normal employment aspects of the direct reports, including time off approvals, performance reviews, and escalations.
What You’ll Do
- Manage one to two pods by empowering, mentoring, and growing engineers’ capabilities and careers
- Encourage a positive engineering culture, including an open environment of learning, questioning, “best idea wins”, and the “obligation to dissent”.
- Take on a leadership role in organizational changes in support of continuous improvement.
- Cause change that increases the skill of the development team, and work with other Engineering Managers and Delivery Leads to increase the effectiveness of the development organization.
- Help the development team build a relationship of trust, equality, and cooperation with the Product Owner and technical leadership.
- Hire and onboard engineering staff and supports organizational structures.
- Contribute to technical excellence through involvement in our communities of practice
- Participate in architectural and design conversations
- Jump in to help teams deliver value to customers as needed.
Our ideal candidate:
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience, and managing engineers. Experience in partnering with product and delivery teams in a Scrum Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Professional experience with multiple programming languages and technologies.
- Familiarity with designing scalable architectural patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Familiarity with AWS and Cloud-Native architectures.
- Proven ability to design, architect and implement robust and scalable enterprise systems .
- Experience with Microservice/micro frontend architectures
- Prior experience mentoring full stack teams and managing projects.
- Don’t meet all of the requirements...apply anyway!
- eCommerce Experience
- Full Stack Experience
- Experience doing TDD
- A proactive self-starter who takes ownership and is highly responsive.
- A continuous hunger for learning and sharing knowledge.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical people.
- An organized, systemic thinker who can document architectures, translate ideas and requirements into units or work that align with the mission of the team.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failure.
What to Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching, fertility support, parental leave, mental health support, employee stock options.
- Our office is dog-friendly (but for now we enjoy our furry friends over video calls).
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first and are currently working from home with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), and more.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome difference of background, identity, and perspective and work hard to ensure that all people can bring their authentic self to work at all times.