Who We Are
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Omaze was recently named one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company.
Who We Are Seeking
Omaze is looking for a skilled user experience and interface design professional to help us create the future of charitable giving. We are heavily investing in our technology platform and redefining the next-generation of our customer experience to grow our community of donors and dreamers.
You are someone who cares about quality and craft, but also has an intrinsic motivation to deliver value to the customer and knows how to balance both. You are able to collaborate with both technical and non technical audiences, and always strive to improve yourself and those around you.
You value diverse perspectives and foster an inclusive space where everyone feels safe voicing their opinion. You believe everyone has something to contribute and enjoy working on a team.
What You’ll Do
Reimagine the platform and tools that support our business operations and our amazing customers. You’ll enable our internal users to set up experiences and draw winners so we can keep raising money for charity and making someone’s dreams come true. Plus, you’ll also help define how we should provide a more personalized experience for our members!
In your first month, you’ll…
- Meet with various business and technical leaders to build a foundational knowledge of our business model and platform
- Spend time in our internal tools and with stakeholders to refine and document new platform requirements and interfaces
- Evaluate our account user flows for security best practices and user clarity and propose relevant optimizations
In your first three months, you’ll…
- Work with your development partners to define the frontend architecture and components for our suite of internal tools
- Support the rollout of a new user authentication service and ensure the customer has a seamless transition
- Design a user managed preference center and run usability tests to inform your design choices
In your first six months, you’ll…
- Intimately understand the system required to power our winner services and create diagrams that drive shared understanding and alignment
- Design the interface for our sweepstakes management tool and clearly communicate the input and feedback processes for our internal users
- Break down your page designs into reusable components and provide enough detail that engineers can build them into working code
- Create a simple and intuitive component library to support our internal tools, balancing usability, technical feasibility and visual design. Maintain and evolve style guides as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of designing interactive digital products and the services that support them (there’s no magic number, but about 3+ years of professional experience in User Experience (UX), Interaction (IXD) or Product Design.
- Relevant experience documenting complex systems flows and translating them into friendly user interfaces
- Experience working directly with engineers to effectively communicate design requirements from concept to release
- Experience defining and maintaining documentation of UX and UI standards and usage (style guides and component-based design systems)
- Strong communication skills; Can articulate the “why” behind your design recommendations.
- A portfolio demonstrating your decision-making process and a strong sense of information architecture, interaction design, systems-thinking, typography and color
- Proactive, takes ownership and is confident working independently
- A continuous hunger for learning and sharing knowledge
- Enjoy trying and learning new things – not afraid to learn through failing
- Passionate about voicing your opinions and humble in receiving feedback
- Champion of collaboration and team building
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
What It’s Like To Work At Omaze
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We enjoy each other and have fun!
- Our office is dog-friendly (but for now we enjoy our furry friends over video calls).
- Work/life balance
- Smart, compassionate people dedicated to our mission to Dream the World Better
- We value different perspectives and backgrounds and prioritize hearing a wide range of points of view
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first during the pandemic and have worked hard to make the transition to work-from-home smooth – with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), weekly guided meditation sessions, and more