Who We Are
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Omaze was recently named one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company.
Who We Are Seeking
Omaze is looking for an experienced user experience and interface design professional to help us create the future of charitable giving. We are heavily investing in our technology platform and redefining the next-generation of our customer experience to grow our community of donors and dreamers.
You are someone who cares about quality and craft, but also has an intrinsic motivation to deliver value to the customer and knows how to balance both. You are able to collaborate with both technical and non technical audiences, and always strive to improve yourself and those around you.
You value diverse perspectives and foster an inclusive space where everyone feels safe voicing their opinion. You believe everyone has something to contribute and enjoy mentoring others to help them grow.
Redesign the Omaze website and the define Content Management System (CMS) that powers it, delivering a customer experience that connects participants to the impact of their donations and the dream of life-changing prizes and experiences we offer.
In your first month, you’ll…
- Evaluate existing customer needs and product use research and propose new research to answer open questions
- Meet with various business and technical leaders to build a foundational knowledge of our business model and platform
- Spend time on our website and in our existing documentation to understand the core flows and templates we currently have and where there's friction
In your first three months, you’ll…
- Charter the Frontend Foundations pod (team/working group) with your product management and engineering partners; Establish a shared mission, vision, measures of success and backlog of work
- Design page templates and prototypes for our product detail pages and run usability tests to inform your design choices
- Determine the information needed on the product detail page and establish an information hierarchy that provides clarity and encourages site visitors to convert to donors
- Work with your team to inform how the Content Management System (CMS) will be built to power the text and media across various site templates
In your first six months, you’ll…
- Push the visual design of the product forward, incorporating a new brand identity, and leveling-up the product design craft at Omaze. Maintain and evolve style guides as required.
- Break down your page designs into reusable components and provide enough detail that engineers can build them into working code.
- Intimately understand the system required to power the new interface of our website and create diagrams that drive shared understanding and alignment
- Design the interface for the CMS and clearly communicate the input and upload processes for our internal users
Skills and Qualifications
- Senior design leader, strong in both UX and UI, who is capable of leading a site redesign
- Proven track record of designing websites, apps and/or games and the services that support them (there’s no magic number, but likely 5+ years of professional experience in User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Interaction Design (IXD) or Product Design)
- Deep experience documenting complex systems flows and translating them into friendly user interfaces
- Experience working directly with engineers to effectively communicate design requirements from concept to release
- Experience defining and maintaining documentation of UX and UI standards and usage (style guides and component-based design systems)
- Strong communication skills; Can articulate the “why” behind your design recommendations.
- A portfolio demonstrating your decision-making process and a strong sense of information architecture, content strategy, systems-thinking, typography and color
- Proactive, takes ownership and is confident working independently
- A continuous hunger for learning and sharing knowledge
- Enjoy trying and learning new things – not afraid to learn through failing
- Passionate about voicing your opinions and humble in receiving feedback
- Champion of collaboration and team building
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
What It’s Like To Work At Omaze
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We enjoy each other and have fun!
- Our office is dog-friendly and we love our furry friends.
- Work/life balance
- Smart, compassionate people dedicated to our mission to Dream the World Better
- We value different perspectives and backgrounds and prioritize hearing a wide range of points of view
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first during the pandemic and have worked hard to make the transition to work-from-home smooth – with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), weekly guided meditation sessions, and more