Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Who We’re Seeking:
The People Team plays a critical role in building and fostering a welcoming, inclusive environment for employees throughout the employee lifecycle. We are seeking an experienced HR Manager to provide a broad range of support to the People of Omaze. This person will report to our Head of People and play an integral role in optimizing systems, policies, and procedures related to: pay, benefits and leave administration, employee relations, onboarding and offboarding, and HRIS management. They will also be responsible for ensuring that HR practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements and will serve as a key business partner to the organization.
- Partners with Head of People to execute the organization’s talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, retention, and succession planning
- Support development, implementation and revision of personnel policies and procedures
- Research and analyze trends in compensation and benefits and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure organization attracts and retains top talent
- Address employee relations issues including: disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Review and maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommend best practices
- Own and administer payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, workers compensation programs, etc., ensuring accurate and timely submission and communication
- Maintain HRIS, employee files, records, claims, and documentation
- Manage and streamline employee lifecycle processes including, but not limited to, onboarding and offboarding, visas, transfers, compensation changes, promotions, and leaves
- Partner with People Team to launch and update performance management tools, templates, and systems.
- Serve as a business partner and key liaison between employees and the People Team
Our ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of human resources experience
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR and/or PHR-CA highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about people and process
- High level of competence and commitment to supporting a growing organization
- Proficient or able to quickly learn organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Experience with people management is a plus
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself!