Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Omaze was recently named one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company.
Who we are Seeking:
Our QA team is seeking an experienced Software Developer Engineer in Test. You should be comfortable testing API calls, validating results in a database, and verifying information via logs. You have a deep understanding of smoke tests, regression, end to end tests and how to automate them. Other responsibilities of the role include release management participation and occasional manual testing. You are comfortable coming up with creative solutions to help us ensure the quality of our codebase and product. When you find a defect, you go deep to identify the root cause and write tests to ensure it’s fixed and regression proof.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and grow the automated test suite (Mocha JS/Selenium, Go/Testify, Cypress)
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams on production deployments
- Ensure we have appropriate test plans and coverage on all releases
- Manual testing, when needed
- Collaborate with the leads to innovate and maintain the best QA standards for the development team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or scientific discipline; and 5+ years in an SDET role
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer or SDET without relevant degree
- Experience with automated test suites
- Experience with both headless and head-on UI suites
- Proven ability to design and implement robust test suites with full documentation
- Experience with Deployment and Rollback Procedures and the role of Automated Testing therein
- Self organizing and highly motivated
- Experience with CI automation tools as well as QA automation tools
- A passion for test driven development
- Great collaboration skills
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to accept feedback
- Positive growth mindset
- Mentorship skills to help grow our other SDETs and QA engineers
- Some technologies we use that you should be comfortable with:
- Mocha JS
- SQL experience
- Shopify familiarity
- Google Analytics experience
- AWS and github actions experience a plus
What’s Different About Us:
- Big Impact - You will be a part of the Omaze team dedicated to making a difference by raising money for charities all over the world
- Growth - We are in a growth phase and you will be influential in scaling our engineering organization and helping build the next great thing
- Unique Culture - We live by our values. We have a mission unlike any other company and have the opportunity to be the best at what we do. We have already raised over $100 million for charities.
- Glassdoor CEO rating is 100% and 84% “Recommend to a Friend”
- We love having fun!