Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed startup with a mission of transforming lives through the power of storytelling and technology. Our for-profit platform offers people everywhere the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Since our founding in 2012 in Los Angeles, California; Omaze has raised more than $100 million for over 350 charity partners. We’re growing our team of smart, dedicated, passionate people, and that’s where you come in!
Who we are Seeking:
As a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer you will collaborate with the engineering organization, and operations personnel to develop and manage infrastructure used in building and deploying Omaze’s various products and services. You will design, develop, document and implement automated development infrastructures for our customers (build automation, deployment automation, test environments, development environments. You will be a champion of best practices of implementing well documented, tested and organized systems.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the continuous integration process, deployment process, systems reliability and scalability including reporting, configuration and deployment of solutions.
- Be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
- Be a technical expert, providing technical consultation, and support to our developers and project teams
- Develop and document standards and best practices
- Interpret complex issues and clearly communicate them to others
- Continuously stay abreast of existing and emerging DevOps technologies and tools
- Proactively keep systems updated with latest software upgrades and patches to ensure best performance and security
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong experience managing enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS), including ECS, RDS, Route53, and VPC networking and security in single and multi-region zones.
- Experience managing infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Experience managing VPNs, and integrating them with VPCs.
- Experience implementing and managing CI/CD automation for cloud services.
- Experience monitoring systems using services like Cloudwatch.
- Establish standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring using best practices (e.g. - disaster recovery, backup, archiving, risk management).
- Ability to evaluate technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers, analyzing open source technologies and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations.
- Provides Technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions.
- The desire and ability to learn quickly.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate and obsessed about creating intuitive, scalable products.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals (marketing, subject matter experts, etc).
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Highly-responsive with a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Positive attitude.
- Leadership qualities in building teams to drive successful outcomes while developing their career paths and skillsets.
- You are committed to quality as a top priority — you pay attention to detail and take pride in it.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about crafting amazing user experiences.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and are able to be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.
What’s Different About Us
- Big Impact - You will be a part of the Omaze team mission of people dedicated to making a difference by raising money for charities all over the world.
- Growth - We are in a growth phase and you will be influential in scaling our engineering organization and helping build the next great thing.
- Unique Culture - We live by our values. We have a mission unlike any other company and have the opportunity to be the best at what we do. We have already raised over $100 million for charities.
- Glassdoor CEO rating is 100% and 83% “Recommend to a Friend”.
- We love having fun!